Query on Macbook - Got the new contract and joining tomorrow, Monday

ysshakeela

Me based in the UK and Java/Scala/AWS hardcore Developer with 15 years exp.

Got the contract Outside IR35, £575 per day for straight 1 year with possible extensions with the Public Limited Company belonging to the UK Govt.

I am working on Macbook 2019 model, Intel Core-i9 Octa-core, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD on macOS BigSur. 

After setting up the environment, it will be difficult to update. So its currently asking to update to macOS Monterey.

How good or bad it will be to upgrade if any one had done this please..

21 minutes ago, ysshakeela said:

Got the contract Outside IR35, £575 per day for straight 1 year with possible extensions with the Public Limited Company belonging to the UK Govt.

After setting up the environment, it will be difficult to update. So its currently asking to update to macOS Monterey.

why so .... i've full dev setup and upgrade didn't mess anything 

1 minute ago, sri_india said:

why so .... i've full dev setup and upgrade didn't mess anything 

As I tolded you already, the ENV of that public Limited company is too complex to put down here. There are at least 400-500 microservices, at least some 40-50 need to run locally with a complex set of configuration parameters and the way of setting up is too annoying.

Its Ruby based script for that management of microservices on which I do not have much command.

2 hours ago, ysshakeela said:

I am working on Macbook 2019 model, Intel Core-i9 Octa-core, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD on macOS BigSur. 

How good or bad it will be to upgrade if any one had done this please..

Upgrade chesi env setup cheye or don’t upgrade at all. Settings lo ki veli do not notify for new updates opt chesko

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sarvapindi said:

nee qn ki aa prj billing rates duration extension details with client details enduku ra bujjjaa

nijame....not sure why he is telling all that.

laptop ichina IT team adigithe valle cheptharu , if all applications will work with new OS   :D