Just a doubt…

dasari4kntr

Whenever i go to barnes and nobles…

i notice people sit (in corner chairs or in store Starbucks) and they read books (sometimes they write notes also just like it is library)…not sure are they going to buy that book…

is it normal & ethical..?

12 minutes ago, Nibbles said:

they are test driving the book before buying *n$ 

until the coffee is over in there cup and if they dont get bored then they buy the book

Ok….but some people taking notes…

3 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

Whenever i go to barnes and nobles…

i notice people sit (in corner chairs or in store Starbucks) and they read books (sometimes they write notes also just like it is library)…not sure are they going to buy that book…

is it normal & ethical..?

Totally ethical. Book stores actually encourage them to come sit and read whatever they want to, sometimes they buy sometimes they don't. 

18 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Totally ethical. Book stores actually encourage them to come sit and read whatever they want to, sometimes they buy sometimes they don't. 

@dasari4kntr adding to this, the bookstore already estimated and factored in the cost of people visiting for coffee and reading books without buying. That cost is easily recovered by the people who actually end up buying books and the fees starbucks pays to the bookstore to have their shop inside.

18 minutes ago, jiggubhai said:

@dasari4kntr adding to this, the bookstore already estimated and factored in the cost of people visiting for coffee and reading books without buying. That cost is easily recovered by the people who actually end up buying books and the fees starbucks pays to the bookstore to have their shop inside.

Yup plus typically the starbucks in these stores have more food options than the ones that are outside the bookstores, that's because those patrons who may not pay for the books usually end up paying for food so it's a win-win for every0ne involved

10 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

9 hours ago, jiggubhai said:

Good points…

Absolutely ethical, that is the reason why they even have reading nooks in these large chains. They cover up costs with overpricing anyway
And this is why I hate these chains. I usually buy from small family owned bookstores, they have better collections like rare editions and all. 

• Upvote 2