Better.com CEO fires 900 people on Zoom call

areyentiraidhi

1 hour ago, DalchanChekka said:

with that kind of feedback, who is going to hire them?

That's rude. 2 hrs ae pani chesthunnaru ante you failed as a management and then rubbing it on them.

It's not even about firing but the way he did it. That's not acceptable

E point think seyale ba..well said.

2 hours ago, sri_india said:

they just approved 1.5 billion valuation to merge with SPAC to go public , softbank backed and funded ...  he has to do it , not everything controlled by CEO , he need to bend before VCs for few things 

There are more subtle ways to fire them , a zoom call is the worst option to make 

A standard E mail firing would have sufficed 

6 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

There are more subtle ways to fire them , a zoom call is the worst option to make 

A standard E mail firing would have sufficed 

I agree , this could be handled lot better ...

7 minutes ago, anna_returns_1 said:

Anna manam ceo ayyaka kotha software kanipedham to fire 🔥  associates.

anna neeku dandam pedutha , mee mods tho matladi , nannu ban cheyinchu eee DB nudni ....  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, psycopk said:

Its impossible to track.. existing employees ki aa okadiki self respect unna they will exit post holidays

thats how it works. its neither a govt job nor its a communist country

Just now, rightwar said:

thats how it works. its neither a govt job nor its a communist country

you have no idea wtf you are saying. hindutva being dumbfcuks is perhaps a good thing may be.

So many red flags here.. he looks very arrogant.. they way he was sitting and his decision to fire everyone by himself… and defending using a dummy account On Blind… that too at the time of going to IPO/SPAC.. 

why does he have to fire them by going on a call by himself? He should have asked HR to do it… HR will manage it.. they will also delegate to other managers.. at least ee PR nightmare aithe undedi kadu…

also, they could have done it over a period instead of doing all at a time… all companies do this.. remote kabatti, not everyone is close to others to share this information..

I guess pretty much everyone is aware of what is coming when they were called into a meeting… and I am surprised that only one small clip of recording came out… 

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

When was the last time you heard a CEO getting on a call to fire hundreds of people ?? 

It felt like he is enjoying it 

Sjsurya Spyder GIF - Sjsurya Spyder Pleasure - Discover & Share GIFs

5 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

When was the last time you heard a CEO getting on a call to fire hundreds of people ?? 

Yaa ceo's don't do that generally. Too much bad press.

But may be he wanted to save the hr's and direct mgrs from sharing the bad news..

As far as I know, one of the employees who got fired recorded this and made it online. Now the whole world now's they were fired because they worked only 2hrs a day. I don't know how the company measured it. But dumb movie by employee.. rest of the folks should sue that employee