Engineering Manager interviews.

bayarea

maa small size company lo I take interviews for both engineers/tech leads and EM positions. Engineering interviews lo coding questions aduguta and aa interviews lo valla real talent telustundi on how they solve the problem and their coding skills. More easy to say yes or no. But EM interview lo standard set of questions untaye like process, handling problem employee etc and it all depends on how good you are with story telling irrespective of what you did in your previous company.

rendu interviews ki nakka ki nagalokkaniki unna theda anipistundi. google some answers, refine them and practice them and you succeed EM interview drawing much higher salary than engineers while engineer interviews are much harder. I feel you can easily practice story telling while practicing coding questions is much harder.

mee mee thoughts cheppandi. isn't easy to crack EM interviews compared to engineer interviews? cc @Vaampire and other BigTech folks.  

5 minutes ago, bayarea said:

maa small size company lo I take interviews for both engineers/tech leads and EM positions. Engineering interviews lo coding questions aduguta and aa interviews lo valla real talent telustundi on how they solve the problem and their coding skills. More easy to say yes or no. But EM interview lo standard set of questions untaye like process, handling problem employee etc and it all depends on how good you are with story telling irrespective of what you did in your previous company.

rendu interviews ki nakka ki nagalokkaniki unna theda anipistundi. google some answers, refine them and practice them and you succeed EM interview drawing much higher salary than engineers while engineer interviews are much harder. I feel you can easily practice story telling while practicing coding questions is much harder.

mee mee thoughts cheppandi. isn't easy to crack EM interviews compared to engineer interviews? cc @Vaampire and other BigTech folks.  

Do you have any positions open?

Em interviews vary from company to company.  Design questions very common. Coding lite.. organization complexity explain cheyyali. 

Most of the rejections happen because of 1 bad round with not sufficient signals. That is explaining about current project. Current project lo complexity explain cheyyali. What they did etc

Just now, Vaampire said:

Em interviews vary from company to company.  Design questions very common. Coding lite.. organization complexity explain cheyyali. 

Most of the rejections happen because of 1 bad round with not sufficient signals. That is explaining about current project. Current project lo complexity explain cheyyali. What they did etc

Is it easy to become an engineering manager from an architect? I have done solution management before without the responsibility of managing a team 

7 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

EM ante too many meetings man. sollu vesevallaki bhane untundi....i cant talk for such a long time. i rejected manager roles for that reason.

Remote vachhaaka anni roles alane unnayi bro… may be developers are spared from some meetings

21 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Is it easy to become an engineering manager from an architect? I have done solution management before without the responsibility of managing a team 

Koncham tough man. 

It's always good idea to convert to em role in current company

53 minutes ago, bayarea said:

@tennisluvrredux

47 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Koncham tough man. 

It's always good idea to convert to em role in current company

2scawx.gif  @Vaampire

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

EM gaa hire chesukuney mundu exp pakka ga choosthayi chaala companies. Alternative option is to join as staff/Sr staff

itu company odu iyyaka,. baitodu iyyaka..

exp edkenchi vastadi saar... @Vaampire