H1b 60 day grace period

Bheem Boy

2 minutes ago, Bheem Boy said:

Job layoff or termination kakunda resign chesthe, 60day grace period apply authada? attorney saying it wont apply for voluntary resignation.

I know you posted something yesterday.

Just to be clear. Your 60 day grace period starts from the day of withdrawl of your H1B petition with USCIS. Because thats when USCIS is going to know about your employment status. It only matters when your sponsor put in a last date of your employment at that organization, in your withdrawl notice of petition.

LTT for better responses. @Spartan

32 minutes ago, Bheem Boy said:

Job layoff or termination kakunda resign chesthe, 60day grace period apply authada? attorney saying it wont apply for voluntary resignation.

My understanding was the same as what your attorney said. 

Voluntary resignation ki 60 day period rule ledu. 

Withdrawal notice lo reason pettaledu. No longer with company ani pettaru. Date was also not specified which is weird. Status chusthe still under review ani undi and acknowledgement date says 2weeks after when the notice was sent. LCA was withdrawn on same day of notice. I guess day of notice ee consider chesukunte better anukunta.

1 hour ago, godfather03 said:

I know you posted something yesterday.

Just to be clear. Your 60 day grace period starts from the day of withdrawl of your H1B petition with USCIS. Because thats when USCIS is going to know about your employment status. It only matters when your sponsor put in a last date of your employment at that organization, in your withdrawl notice of petition.

LTT for better responses. @Spartan