Kid elbow fractured

terminator_desi

Hi friends.My 6 year old kid fell from a stool and broke his elbow.we went to ER and they referred us to a ortho who is recommending surgery.Is surgery mandatory?India lo patti kadutaru kadha general ga instead of surgery for bones

Depends… based on the severity of fracture.

When my son injured his wrist while playing football, Urgent care said there is a fracture and put him on splint for 2 weeks after which we took him to Ortho for further evaluation. They put him on casting for a month, and it all fixed.

At end of the day, go with professional’s advise. People in DB can’t evaluate the condition/ severity.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

Hi friends.My 6 year old kid fell from a stool and broke his elbow.we went to ER and they referred us to a ortho who is recommending surgery.Is surgery mandatory?India lo patti kadutaru kadha general ga instead of surgery for bones

Follow whatever your doctor says

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

Follow doc advise. period. Thread Closed 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

Not all bone fractures can be cured without surgery.. Depends on how and where the fracture is.. Better to blindly follow the doctors 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terminator_desi said:

Send reports offline bro  i will evaluate with my mayhs knowledge

2 hours ago, terminator_desi said:

ER lo first aid chesi ortho ki refer chestaru bro… which is very common in bone injuries…. Follow whatever ortho says and kid fast ga recover avuthadu…. Ee age lo bones avi fast gane grow avuthayu… don’t worry 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terminator_desi said:

if you are not satisfied take second opinion from different clinic. dont neglect and ask online opinions

• Like 1

It’s always good to get second opinion. Vomerica health sector is driven by insurance and perks. It’ has a lot of room for exploitation esp if they sense that you have good insurance.

You can’t just blindly trust one opinion unless you know that doctor for a while. 

however if second doctor gives similar opinion. Then don’t waste more time with sonthaaa thelivithetaluuu bhayya. At the end of the day we are not medical doctors. All we can do is due diligence. That’s it. Follow their advise and get a surgery for your kid 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, terminator_desi said:

Surgery ante em cut cheyyaru... they just insert 2 pins to hold the bones together. Elbow injuries are very common. 3 type injuries untai. 1. Just fracture (bone intact, type 1) 2. Medium fracture (half bone intact, type 2) 3. Full broke (bone split anuko, type 3). 

type 1 -- Just casting 
type 2 -- Casting by inserting pins (call it as operation). Pings ante just paper pin laga anuko. half bayatike untai but casting vestaru.  They will be removed after 4-6 weeks max. Remove ante just hand tho peekstaru.. teesinattu kuda telidhu neeku. 
c14e643fcd4872e8a006aba2ab1fe20e.jpg

Type3 -- same as type 2 but casting longer untundhi... kids ki 2-3 months ala. Idi very rare injury. Nerve injury avi chances untai... afterwards physical therapy adi recommend chestaru... 

95% kids type 1 or 2 injuries aa... listen to doctor and follow... he/she will be fine. Don't panic. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1