Homeowner’s insurance!!

Flaber

Hello All

Is it mandatory to get homeowner’s insurance before the closing date? Lender is asking to get the insurance (starting from the closing effective date )before the closing date and provide the insurance agents details..

If yes..how much worth coverage should i get? Please throw some light..appreciate your help!

yes...insurance should be active ideally from the closing date onwards... and it is Mandatory for Mortgage

sometimes they may ask to have it active 2 days prior also

18 minutes ago, Flaber said:

Hello All

Is it mandatory to get homeowner’s insurance before the closing date? Lender is asking to get the insurance (starting from the closing effective date )before the closing date and provide the insurance agents details..

If yes..how much worth coverage should i get? Please throw some light..appreciate your help!

Yes it is mandatory. Talk to your lender about the minimum coverage he needs

19 minutes ago, Flaber said:

Hello All

Call Geico...They will give you quote based on the price of the house and different covering options.

1 hour ago, appaji_pesarattu said:

yes...insurance should be active ideally from the closing date onwards... and it is Mandatory for Mortgage

sometimes they may ask to have it active 2 days prior also

Thank you!