Dentist Damages Patients' Teeth Intentionally So That He Could 'Fix Them' With Crowns to Earns Million

kidney

In a shocking incident, a dentist in America intentionally broke his patients' teeth to fix them by installing crowns and to earn profits, earning millions of dollars from his scam. 

Scott Charmoli, from USA's Wisconsin, regularly drilled his clients' teeth on purpose and charged them for additional treatment services to fix the damage he had just caused. 

Dentists in Wisconsin give less than six crowns per 100 patients, but the 61-year-old dentist gave more than 32 crowns per 100 patients. Charmoli began pressuring his patients into getting unnecessary crowns, a dental procedure where a tooth-shaped cap is placed on a damaged tooth, according to prosecutors. 

The dentist would drill his clients' teeth and show them X-rays of the damage as "before" photos to justify that they needed the crown procedure.

"It seemed excessive, but I didn’t know any better. He was the professional. I just trusted him," a client named Todd Tedeschi was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

The dentist made $1.4 million in 2014 by installing 434 crowns, the Washington Post reported. By 2015, he had made $2.5 million by installing over 1,000 crowns. From 2016 to 2019, he billed more than $4.2 million for crowns and in 2019 placed more than 1,600 crowns over a 20-month period from January 1, 2018, to August 7, 2019. 

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/trendingtopics/dentist-damages-patients-teeth-intentionally-so-that-he-could-fix-them-with-crowns-earns-millions/ar-AAVgjmK?li=AAgfYGb

26 minutes ago, kidney said:

In a shocking incident, a dentist in America intentionally broke his patients' teeth to fix them by installing crowns and to earn profits, earning millions of dollars from his scam. 

Scott Charmoli, from USA's Wisconsin, regularly drilled his clients' teeth on purpose and charged them for additional treatment services to fix the damage he had just caused. 

Dentists in Wisconsin give less than six crowns per 100 patients, but the 61-year-old dentist gave more than 32 crowns per 100 patients. Charmoli began pressuring his patients into getting unnecessary crowns, a dental procedure where a tooth-shaped cap is placed on a damaged tooth, according to prosecutors. 

The dentist would drill his clients' teeth and show them X-rays of the damage as "before" photos to justify that they needed the crown procedure.

"It seemed excessive, but I didn’t know any better. He was the professional. I just trusted him," a client named Todd Tedeschi was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

The dentist made $1.4 million in 2014 by installing 434 crowns, the Washington Post reported. By 2015, he had made $2.5 million by installing over 1,000 crowns. From 2016 to 2019, he billed more than $4.2 million for crowns and in 2019 placed more than 1,600 crowns over a 20-month period from January 1, 2018, to August 7, 2019. 

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/trendingtopics/dentist-damages-patients-teeth-intentionally-so-that-he-could-fix-them-with-crowns-earns-millions/ar-AAVgjmK?li=AAgfYGb

It happened to me personally, weather intentionally or accidentally while cleaning they kept a dent on one teeth and later filled it and charged insurance … I also ended up paying some copay. 

It’s common practice in US, only reason this guy got caught is bcuz he was too greedy. Health industry is a big scam but no one cares to fix it! That means everyone is involved in it.