RRR not up to Expectations

ManOffSteel

Watched the premiere. Aasalu story emil ledu. you can see all DVV money's spent. and 3 action scenes first di bridge meeda, 2nd ntr with wild animals entry with truck only that part and climax RC and ntr the big one.  highlights ante. rest all same to same. great andhra correct e ichadu review this time. I liked pushpa  better than RRR over hyped.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fida said:

Watched the premiere. Aasalu story emil ledu. you can see all DVV money's spent. and 3 action scenes first di bridge meeda, 2nd ntr with wild animals entry with truck only that part and climax RC and ntr the big one.  highlights ante. rest all same to same. great andhra correct e ichadu review this time. I liked pushed better than RRR over hyped.

refund emanna dorukuthada?

• Haha 2

Komaram Bheem is an icon to the Gond tribe, and he was also closely associated with the movement for Telangana statehood. His slogan ‘Jal, Jangal, Zameen’ (Water, Forest, Land) symbolised the movement for Adivasi rights. Yet, RRR portrays him as a simple tribesman who even says, “I’m just a tribal who came in search of Malli, I didn’t understand his (Ramaraju’s) struggle for this land”, thereby reducing his political struggle to an abduction drama. Tribal communities have their own belief systems and culture, but this is nowhere represented in the film. Bheem of RRR worships the Shiva lingam and Rama, speaks only Telugu and Hindi, and has no understanding of activism.The slogan ‘Jal, Jangal Zameen’ appears in a flashy song at the end of the film as the credits roll, like an afterthought, when it was what defined Bheem’s politics.

Similarly, Alluri Sitarama Raju is recast as Lord Ram, wearing the janeu of a Kshatriya man, dressed in saffron and shooting arrows at the British. In real life, Alluri Sitarama Raju reportedly became a sanyasin and is depicted with saffron robes in statues and illustrations because of this; his close identification with Lord Ram, however, appears to be a creative liberty taken by the filmmaker. His romance with Seetha also seems to be a distortion; according to the sketchy details known of his life, Seetha was supposedly his friend’s sister whom he considered to be his own, and it was after her death that he prefixed ‘Sita’ to his name. If this is indeed the case, the romance seems to have been force-fitted to suit a Rama-Seetha narrative. Further, Alluri Sitarama Raju was not an Adivasi man but he was deeply engaged with Adivasi rights, particularly around land and agriculture. He is credited with leading the Rampa Rebellion of 1922 against the British, protesting the legal system that deprived the tribal people of their rights. In RRR, however, he is projected as the saviour Lord Ram – an irony when Adivasi cultures have for long been threatened with erasure by mainstream Hindu society, and have been protesting the appropriation of their symbols, beliefs, and expressions.

This leads me to wonder why Rajamouli had to pick these icons if he wasn’t willing to engage with the politics that they represent. Beyond the grandeur of the film, isn’t it insulting to their memory that what they stood for has been diluted thus? Wouldn’t the film have worked if he had chosen two entirely fictional characters and set them in this premise? 

4 hours ago, ManOffSteel said:

Just finished watching

felt average

Average music, hard to believe fights with shoddy CGI work, heroes lacking stature, slow second half

muic i not up to the mark cgi work too

danayya gadu budget ledhu ani cheppi vunadu

3 minutes ago, Fida said:

Dont waste money prime lo vachesthadi. konchem patience...

avv .. dolby atmos , imax screen ivi kooda prime lo oorukuntu vaschesthai 
intlo beer , biryani pettukoni chusude