Jagan will become PM someday, says minister

Anta Assamey

Jagan will become PM someday, says minister

YSR Congress party president and Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has every possibility of becoming the Prime Minister of India in future, as he is still young, dynamic and brimming with new ideas.

This was the opinion expressed by state deputy chief minister K Narayana Swamy, who is handling the excise and commercial taxes portfolio, while speaking to media on Friday.

Narayana Swamy, who is on his way out of the cabinet soon, is highly optimistic about his future as well as that of the ruling YSR Congress party.

“I know that I won’t be in the cabinet soon. While giving the cabinet berth to me, the chief minister clearly told me that I would be in the post only for two and a half years,” he said.

Stating that he would abide by whatever decision Jagan would take about his future, the deputy chief minister asserted that Jagan would remain the chief minister for a long time and one won’t be surprised if he becomes the Prime Minister of the country because of his abilities.

Reacting to Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu’s statement that he would go all out to pull the YSRCP out of power, Narayana Swamy made it clear that even if all the political parties join hands, they would not be able to dislodge Jagan from power.

He challenged Naidu to contest independently or float a new party and win the next elections, instead of trying to bank on NTR’s image.

“If Naidu wins even a single seat, I will quit politics,” he said.

The minister reminded that in the past Naidu had ridiculed his own father-in-law saying film stars won’t suit for politics. He demanded that Naidu disclose who the actual political heirs of NTR.

• Confused 1