Real estate - dont take too many suggesions

huma

My friend owns multiple properties and is very experienced in real estate. I liked one property and took his advice

before purchasing and he listed all the disadvantages of the property. Although I was confident in its potential 

growth considering his experience, I let it go. Now, that property is worth 150k more than the price that I was getting

it for. So never ask for too many opinions or thoughts just go with 80% gut feeling and 20% advice. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

Lol . You have 150k in profits only when you sell .you did not realize that gains yet .every night zestimate chuskoni sabash anadaniki thappa endhuku panikiradhu unless you are leverage raja and take refinancing loans and buy other property with it .in that case, you are playing with double edged sword and if there is a recession they boot you out of states,  you end up foreclosing all the  . This crazy appreciations started only few years ago.before that housing moves only as much as inflation raja .

Stock market choosavu kadha egiri egiri padindhi.  All the crap is down and experts are saying the bear is not over bro.

When in a bull run , everyone is an expert 

If you have money,  it is alright to go aggressive and buy your first home .

Don't buy on FOMO. 

correct bhayya

11 hours ago, huma said:

My friend owns multiple properties and is very experienced in real estate. I liked one property and took his advice

before purchasing and he listed all the disadvantages of the property. Although I was confident in its potential 

growth considering his experience, I let it go. Now, that property is worth 150k more than the price that I was getting

it for. So never ask for too many opinions or thoughts just go with 80% gut feeling and 20% advice. 

no wonder you would have posted the same blaming him it went down 150k...start making a habit to own your mistakes and this is not even a mistake...no one had a secret ball to know it will go for 150k more

Last two years are an exception.. may be your friend gave you suggestions based on his experience before Covid…don’t create your investment strategy based on the last 2 years market.. 

2 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

Lol . You have 150k in profits only when you sell .you did not realize that gains yet .every night zestimate chuskoni sabash anadaniki thappa endhuku panikiradhu unless you are leverage raja and take refinancing loans and buy other property with it .in that case, you are playing with double edged sword and if there is a recession they boot you out of states,  you end up foreclosing all the  . This crazy appreciations started only few years ago.before that housing moves only as much as inflation raja .

Stock market choosavu kadha egiri egiri padindhi.  All the crap is down and experts are saying the bear is not over bro.

When in a bull run , everyone is an expert 

If you have money,  it is alright to go aggressive and buy your first home .

Don't buy on FOMO. 

Atleast tension undadhu ga property appreciate aithe. Worst case lo sale cheskunna, you wont lose anything

6 minutes ago, KothaKurrodu said:

Atleast tension undadhu ga property appreciate aithe. Worst case lo sale cheskunna, you wont lose anything

Yes hero , but the value should remain same when you sell.

Same as stock market , let's say you buy an apple stock for 100 bucks. And it shoots to 500 bucks.  You did not realize profits yet. You have to sell to realize profits .

By the time you sell in 5 years . It may come back to 120 bucks . Which means you are in 20 bucks profit. But real time loss,  if it did not cope up with inflation .

• Upvote 1

Comparing real estate with stock market  is not right. You wont lose your home value all of sudden like stock market. recession may be exceptional scenario. 600 petti illu konte, adhi 1 million aithe then inflation and temporary anukovachu. But all of sudden rate 600 below aipodhu. Thats where my point is, you wont lose your value at any point. End of the day, you will build equity and make memories with home

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, huma said:

take advice from exferts...but always follow your own instincts...

dont cry over spilled milk....there will always be more oppertunities waiting to be tapped

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, huma said:

As any investment, RE also has risk. Your friend risked it and got lucky. Now the situation is different with higher rates, so prices may cool off late this year.

If looking for primary home that you will keep for a long time, go for the purchase but keep it in a range where u will still feel ok losing 10-15% in on-paper value temporarily.

If investment home, it looks like a good time to pause on it unless u have an assured good cash flow on it.

12 hours ago, huma said:

basic psychology of a loser.....your decision is your responsibility 

you took the decision, to listen your friend ,,,,,,,so its your decision at the end of the day 

vadi valla smoling start chesa, veedi valla drink chesa......blame game

stand up for yourself.....face the failure learn n move on 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, kasi said:

basic psychology of a loser.....your decision is your responsibility 

you took the decision, to listen your friend ,,,,,,,so its your decision at the end of the day 

vadi valla smoling start chesa, veedi valla drink chesa......blame game

stand up for yourself.....face the failure learn n move on 

Correst ga chepav uncle.