Model Y owners come here

AryaD

Planning to book long range model Y. What is the mileage that you are getting for a single charge? Is it around 280 -290 or more than that. Are you guys happy with your purchase or regretting ? 

33 minutes ago, AryaD said:

Planning to book long range model Y. What is the mileage that you are getting for a single charge? Is it around 280 -290 or more than that. Are you guys happy with your purchase or regretting ? 

300 full charge to 100% but Tesla recommends to charge 80/90, it is common practice  that most tesla owners cap out 80% because of concerns of battery life, you can charge to 100% once in a while on long journeys 

240 miles on 80% charge but cold weather season lo you get 205-210

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

Fast charging and charging network is the most advantageous. in 30 minutes you can add 200 miles. In last 10 years we have leased 3 evs before this - leaf, vw e-golf and bolt. Except bolt we had Charging anxiety since they had 89 miles and they took 6 hours to charge to 89 miles. At that time Tesla leaped everyone and now competitors are catching up but still inconsistent charging network makes it a tough bullet to bite. On vehicle  modules  for charging for some competitors have exceeded tesla (tesla is still 400 volts architecture but upcoming gm, ford, lucid and Rivian has 800 volts architecture which can charge at an even faster rate but they lack consistent charging network like a supercharger network which is 250 kilowatts network, it is like competitors have modules for quick charging but lack infrastructure or chargers available at that scale- they have 7kw to 250kw (very minimal ), a 7kw charger would take 7 hours or more to fill your battery which a Tesla can do in 30 minutes

Proven software, timely updates, our first tesla was a m3 2018 - in 2021 tesla upgraded the computer and sensors for free since we bought FSD, software is updated on a weekly basis and so  same version as a new car shipped out now. 

Don’t we get sw updates if we don’t opt for FSD?

Just now, AryaD said:

Of course, FSD is a waste of money, don’t recommend. Elon milked everyone with that one. If you want to try you can subscribe for $199/month

4 hours ago, AryaD said:

280 sounds right on avg. Very happy. 

4 hours ago, Sarvapindi said:

What difference between tesla and other EVs?

Tesla has proved with their good battery and motor. Others are new and takes time to trust. Just a wait before they are close or on par to Tesla. Not everyone but there will be better evs down the road in 5 yrs or may be 10. 

3 hours ago, AryaD said:

You get. If you have FSD sometimes you get hardware upgrade if it's required for FSD depending on what car you have. 

he is talking about long range.... @TS 330 miles is battery pack .. thats EPA estimates  Tesla recommends to put battery  at 82% for optimal battery life, so it lands 274 I try keep it every day on at that level. ofcourse as any other vechial it depends on your driving style how much you loose with AC, Acceleration, weight you put in car. I would say if you have range anxiety take a road trip for atleast 1500 miles and you can experience your self .. I always had that anxiety but when I did road trip I lost that range anxiety there are chargers ever where. and they are v3 ...11 minutes lo 160 miles  so dont worry about charging ... had some noise issue but they fixed it ASAP....I cant be more happy with the purchase.... just dont forget to get atleast ceramic coating after taking delivery...

4 hours ago, hyperbole said:

300 full charge to 100% but Tesla recommends to charge 80/90, it is common practice  that most tesla owners cap out 80% because of concerns of battery life, you can charge to 100% once in a while on long journeys 

240 miles on 80% charge but cold weather season lo you get 205-210

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, macha said:

he is talking about long range.... @TS 330 miles is battery pack .. thats EPA estimates  Tesla recommends to put battery  at 82% for optimal battery life, so it lands 274 I try keep it every day on at that level. ofcourse as any other vechial it depends on your driving style how much you loose with AC, Acceleration, weight you put in car. I would say if you have range anxiety take a road trip for atleast 1500 miles and you can experience your self .. I always had that anxiety but when I did road trip I lost that range anxiety there are chargers ever where. and they are v3 ...11 minutes lo 160 miles  so dont worry about charging ... had some noise issue but they fixed it ASAP....I cant be more happy with the purchase.... just dont forget to get atleast ceramic coating after taking delivery...

Epa estimates is bogus and Tesla is notorious to inflate that number among all manufacturers , real world driving ki 300 vaste maha ekkuva, epa estimates done moatly with ideal conditions and no co passengers . Weather, terrain and load are all variables