“… every EV you see in your area is a wheeled firebomb waiting to erupt in your driveway or garage or during any outing”

JackSeal

https://licn.typepad.com/my_weblog/2022/09/megapack-fire-john-dunn-consultant-ambertec-pe-pc.html

6a01156f9658cc970b02a30d4e5b41200b-pi

I find the following lines of text which are taken from  that same URL to be very scary:

"As of 10 p.m. local time yesterday, roughly 20 hours after the fire was reported, Monterey County said the fire was fully controlled, but said it may continue to emit smoke for several days. 

Per CNBC, firefighters on the scene allowed the battery to burn out, as is standard practice for lithium-ion fires. Firefighters planned to remain on scene overnight to ensure the system didn't re-ignite." 

The bold face type is my highlighting of what seems to be an alarming admission that such fires cannot be extinguished. This implies to me that every EV you see in your area is a wheeled firebomb waiting to erupt in your driveway or garage or during any outing.

Elon Mask was apparently never educated in Electrical Engineering and learned that Nikola Tesla high voltage alternating current system provides electricity worldwide since 1890 without need to store energy!
Even if battery storage were safe, using massive batteries like Megapacks to provide AC power to utility is  total nonsense when you need  massive battery pack for Electric Vehicles by deploying massive 100kW chargers at a cost of $100,000 every 300mles and still need half an hour to charge!
Li Io batteries with their fire hazards add even more to his Megapack batteries nonsense.- Slobodan Ćuk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Ćuk

• JackSeal changed the title to “… every EV you see in your area is a wheeled firebomb waiting to erupt in your driveway or garage or during any outing”
20 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

Elon Mask was apparently never educated in Electrical Engineering and learned that Nikola Tesla high voltage alternating current system provides electricity worldwide since 1890 without need to store energy!
Even if battery storage were safe, using massive batteries like Megapacks to provide AC power to utility is  total nonsense when you need  massive battery pack for Electric Vehicles by deploying massive 100kW chargers at a cost of $100,000 every 300mles and still need half an hour to charge!
Li Io batteries with their fire hazards add even more to his Megapack batteries nonsense.- Slobodan Ćuk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slobodan_Ćuk

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTifXwk_pwkBoBtrXLzkaD

I heard Hyundai and Kia asked it’s customers it’s SUV model cars not to park  indoors like garage etc - not sure if this is a battery related hazard 

We need to appreciate Toyota in this aspect they are using Hybrids technology for Prius since 10+ years without any battery incidents 

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I heard Hyundai and Kia asked it’s customers it’s SUV model cars not to park  indoors like garage etc - not sure if this is a battery related hazard 

We need to appreciate Toyota in this aspect they are using Hybrids technology for Prius since 10+ years without any battery incidents 

How many incidents did tesla have till date ? 

34 minutes ago, Googlie said:

That was the same module of LG that effected multiple manufacturers, it is a was proactive thing asking owners to park until they find the root cause, only handful of vehicles got impacted among the millions that got sold, GM Bolt had the issue from the same module that LG supplied  

These never ending crying articles has no literal impact on current or future cutomers …futures is clear each and every manufacturer is moving away from ice to ev … except toyata..which is swimmingly against tide…

Total Tesla Fires as of : 134 confirmed cases | Fatalities Involving a Tesla Car Fire Count: 38

from the above article , so how many tesla's sold till date and what is the percentage of these 38 /134 cases?