Friend paid off $800K in 2 years

Xpersdghuijsyyoplhfs

7 minutes ago, chicagoafdb said:

I am in discovery phase :)  that's secret sauce. From IC's to next level.. either you need to be good at leetcode / SD or too good at BS.. you can try referrals / recruiters.. lately few of my ex-collogues changing to EM's / directors..they are avg consultants and turned to fte and now to bigger roles. Interestingly majority are women :)   I wonder how do they keep updated with family and kids..

BS should come naturally, hard to fake it for long time. Beautiful women, they get lucky sometimes in interviews. I know few girls who passed coding rounds with no clue, may be depends more on the interviewer.

11 hours ago, Codemonkey said:

Not 100% sure but I think TPM in Amazon/Meta gets 70% of SWE pay and its other name for Scrum Master. One of my distant relative (women) who failed 12th and did eng for 5 yrs is also a TPM at Amazon 🤦‍♂️

I like her. You should be so proud of your relative&.,*

49 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

I heard patel name few times but dont have first hand info on what she works or how capable she is.

This name is kind of notorious in Bay Area gossip circles.

12 minutes ago, Codemonkey said:

This name is kind of notorious in Bay Area gossip circles.

I heard few gossips too. I dont have any first hand info. Also the people who shares those gossips with me dont have first hand info. 
one thing is sure. She climbed the ladder too fast and some people could be jealous 

1 hour ago, cameraman said:

BS should come naturally, hard to fake it for long time. Beautiful women, they get lucky sometimes in interviews. I know few girls who passed coding rounds with no clue, may be depends more on the interviewer.

Maybe those women are beautiful and talented. I don’t think top tech let go that easy or gender biased

• Upvote 1