Friend paid off $800K in 2 years

Xpersdghuijsyyoplhfs

2 hours ago, chicagoafdb said:

Ok do they pay decent ? do you know any of your friends transitioned.. long time back I worked with a consultant, she is QA . recently she is TPM at Amazon.. Lately I am seeing avg QA, BA background they are switching to these program manager roles..

Not 100% sure but I think TPM in Amazon/Meta gets 70% of SWE pay and its other name for Scrum Master. One of my distant relative (women) who failed 12th and did eng for 5 yrs is also a TPM at Amazon 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Codemonkey said:

Not 100% sure but I think TPM in Amazon/Meta gets 70% of SWE pay and its other name for Scrum Master. One of my distant relative (women) who failed 12th and did eng for 5 yrs is also a TPM at Amazon 🤦‍♂️

However on the flip side product managers (not to get confused with program managers or TPMs) are little harder to get in Meta, Stripe or even at Amazon. Back in 2011 Amazon used to hire MBA's from good schools for product managers.

8 hours ago, Xpersdghuijsyyoplhfs said:

L6 offered around 700K signed last week 

Bro how long it took , how many you failed, can you share your prep approach . N technology 

8 hours ago, Codemonkey said:

Mostly women are picking up these program manager / Tpm roles..not bad if they get good salary u get brand name and title is fancy..

20 hours ago, Vaampire said:

Did u also interview for staff positions at same companies? If not, ur comparing apples to oranges. Question in design round is upto interviewer. Generally there wont be any guidelines.

fyi, i cleared roblox mgr interview 6 yrs back.. ee db lo chaala sarlu edicha 50+ million oppurtunity missed ani 😀😀😀

Em matladuthunnavo ardham ayithundha 

47 minutes ago, chicagoafdb said:

Mostly women are picking up these program manager / Tpm roles..not bad if they get good salary u get brand name and title is fancy..

PMP certification kavala 

11 hours ago, Codemonkey said:

you should be holding your head for not using your so-called intelligence for getting into amazon, not cry at others success, you dont know what they did to get there

meanwhile with very normal background, QA mostly look at these profiles Rukmini Reddy ( SVP of Platform Engineering ), Smruti Patel ( Head of engineering ) @Vaampire you might know Patel, she works for stripe.. @NYCpal by looking at these profiles no need for PMP..

8 minutes ago, chicagoafdb said:

meanwhile with very normal background, QA mostly look at these profiles Rukmini Reddy ( SVP of Platform Engineering ), Smruti Patel ( Head of engineering ) @Vaampire you might know Patel, she works for stripe.. @NYCpal by looking at these profiles no need for PMP..

Mari how to get shortlisted and interview   Lo Em adugutharu 

12 minutes ago, chicagoafdb said:

I heard patel name few times but dont have first hand info on what she works or how capable she is.

నేను వ్యక్తిగతంగా చూశాను, నా స్నేహితుడు ఏకకాలంలో 4 ఉద్యోగాల్లో పనిచేశాడు. అతను దానిని 6 నెలలు నిర్వహించాడు. చివరకు 2 ఉద్యోగాలతో స్థిరపడ్డారు.

5 minutes ago, NYCpal said:

Mari how to get shortlisted and interview   Lo Em adugutharu 

I am in discovery phase :)  that's secret sauce. From IC's to next level.. either you need to be good at leetcode / SD or too good at BS.. you can try referrals / recruiters.. lately few of my ex-collogues changing to EM's / directors..they are avg consultants and turned to fte and now to bigger roles. Interestingly majority are women :)   I wonder how do they keep updated with family and kids..

23 hours ago, sai1685 said:

I work on 3 projects for implementation partners in SAP managing 5 clients in total. Challenging but not impossible. I have been doing this for past 5-6 years even before covid. I try to have work life balance by starting work early like 4 AM or work till late night to spend time with family during normal hours. 

Super