Guitar experts unnara?

mamadou

13 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

But it improves technique and also you need those calluses to become a better guitarist.

True. But beginner ki learning is easy with electric guitar.  Calluses years padatadi ravataniki. Technique is the same for both electric and acoustic. Technique practice tho vastadi. 

56 minutes ago, River said:

True. But beginner ki learning is easy with electric guitar.  Calluses years padatadi ravataniki. Technique is the same for both electric and acoustic. Technique practice tho vastadi. 

If you are playing bar chords learning on electric won't translate well into playing acoustic as it will be much harder to play those chords on the acoustic compared to electric.

If you learn bar chords on the acoustic though and switch to playing electric later, it's so easy to play them on the electric guitar. I developed callouses in a week from the time I started playing, of course they went away after a month and never had issue with it.

Learned to play on acoustic and switched to classic later on. Most guitar old school instructors will also tell you the same thing. 

Are you a new beginner or intermediate, if new, try to get a used electric first, you will find used fender or squire on craigs or offerup, depending on your learning pace, switch to a new one once you get a good hold of it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

If you are playing bar chords learning on electric won't translate well into playing acoustic as it will be much harder to play those chords on the acoustic compared to electric.

If you learn bar chords on the acoustic though and switch to playing electric later, it's so easy to play them on the electric guitar. I developed callouses in a week from the time I started playing, of course they went away after a month and never had issue with it.

Learned to play on acoustic and switched to classic later on. Most guitar old school instructors will also tell you the same thing. 

Very well put, if ur serious into the game buy acoustic (worst case yamaha acoust electric fg series) simple rule no pain(callous) no gain