GC Doubt

Dale

Currently na I- 1 4 0 is with my previous employer A

My current employer B (full time to American company) started process and filed LCA. (not approved yet)

now Company B is being acquired by Company C. (it will complete in 6 months.) They may sponsor GC or they may not. Don't know yet.

Since Company B already initiated LCA and once it gets approved can I still go back previous A and use old LCA/I-140? or company A has to restart it all over gain with same priority date?

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Currently na I- 1 4 0 is with my previous employer A

My current employer B (full time to American company) started process and filed LCA. (not approved yet)

now Company B is being acquired by Company C. (it will complete in 6 months.) They may sponsor GC or they may not. Don't know yet.

Since Company B already initiated LCA and once it gets approved can I still go back previous A and use old LCA/I-140? or company A has to restart it all over gain with same priority date?

Lca ki i140 ki link endhi

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

link emi ledu, but wanted to do know if it impacts in anyway.

can we go back to previous employer A and  use same LCA/i-140 even after I-140 ported/approved with different company?

if roles and responsibilities are same..then yes

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, nokia123 said:

if roles and responsibilities are same..then yes

agree .. most probably will not need to restart the whole process .. but better to check with attorney .. and seek their advice 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Dale said:

link emi ledu, but wanted to do know if it impacts in anyway.

can we go back to previous employer A and  use same LCA/i-140 even after I-140 ported/approved with different company?

nuvvu question sarigga adugu first. LCA is for H1B, PERM is for I-140.

3 minutes ago, PhillyDotNetGuy said:

nuvvu question sarigga adugu first. LCA is for H1B, PERM is for I-140.

niko dhandam saami.  It is called PERMANENT Labour Certification. Dani kooda LCA ani antaru.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

niko dhandam saami.  It is called PERMANENT Labour Certification. Dani kooda LCA ani antaru.

You previously said LCA means "Labor Condition Application" used for H1b.

As long as first 140 is not revoked or even if revoked not due to fraud u can use first employer 140 also keep in mind if you have stayed back with company A atleast 180 days after getting I 140 approval ...then u should be able to use that 140 and capture that date..

If u are going back to employer A you should be able to use that straight forward if same job role and duties ..if you are going employer c then can use that 140 from employer A and port the priority date..your perm pending and company b takeover does not have any impact of what u want to do with employer a and pd recapture.. also my personal advice if you have 2015 priority date u are looking at close to 8 to 10yrs unless something like covid some strong world halting event comes which we beleive highly unlikely..

So keep gc as least priority and focus on higher salary and high position and personal growth and other personal decisions like settling down in a nice place or buying home etc..or attaining some skill or certification these decisions important..gc is closed chapter according to me atleast 10 yrs for people with 2015 and beyond priority date..