suggestion please...

dasari4kntr

is there any negative consequences to move back to old team..?

last year i took internal mobility and moved to new team...now that old team manager is pinged me.. and asking me to comeback...

current project is not much hands on tech role but more vocal...but my old project has more tech and less vocal..(which i enjoy..)

but my doubt is...going back to old team on first call will cause any long term issues like...that old management take me light in long term..?etc

@csrcsr @Picheshwar @hunkyfunky2 @ramudu

16 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

last year i took internal mobility and moved to new team...now that old team manager is pinged me.. and asking me to comeback...

current project is not much hands on tech role but more vocal...but my old project has more tech and less vocal..(which i enjoy..)

but my doubt is...going back to old team on first call will cause any long term issues like...that old management take me light in long term..?etc

My 2 cents bro , go and work where you enjoy rest all fall in line eventually 

22 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Current valani noppiyakunda pothe chill , many people do move teams 

but i heard at least you should complete 12 months in the current team

1 minute ago, ramudu said:

My 2 cents bro , go and work where you enjoy rest all fall in line eventually 

yup..ade vundi manasulo...

i asked my kid also...he said..since i join the new project..i am acting more grumpy...that gave me more wait towards move to old project...once bonus discussions are over...will announce...my decision to my current team...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Go back. No hard feelings in IT

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

First point dont take advise from db bro. Most of them give advise based on caste like @csrcsr.

Talk to some seniors in both teams if they are close to you. Based on interaction with your new manager do you think the manager will be ok to move on short notice ?

3 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Current valani noppiyakunda pothe chill , many people do move teams 

but i heard at least you should complete 12 months in the current team

yup...its just 9 months...need to find out a acceptable ways...

i dont want to burn the bridges....thats why my old team called me back again..

2 minutes ago, realIty_langa said:

First point dont take advise from db bro. Most of them give advise based on caste like @csrcsr.

Talk to some seniors in both teams if they are close to you. Based on interaction with your new manager do you think the manager will be ok to move on short notice ?

@csrcsr is good dbain in db bro...

apart from that..good point you suggested...in the second line...thanks...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Complex said:

I won't go back unless there is scope for growth/promotion. Make sure you  you have the scope . talk to the manager clearly. 

its new role bro in current team..more vocal..less technical..talking business with bankers...

i am from tech background...i still managed upto some extent ...but loosing tech background...

I wouldn’t go if I were you. It just shows your ability to be influenced. It exposes your lack of direction and clarity. 

Stability is key. You have moved on for either good or bad reasons, it’s better to stick with it now. 

why you think they will trust you even if you move back to old team? They might like you and need you. But make no mistake they wouldn’t trust you.!

• Upvote 1

Vocal ledu technical ledu….mundalki adugu esinaka malla enkalaki povudu deniki ? Of course manasu anedi okati vuntadi, apudu apudu Edo okati septhune vuntadi…

Tech background…nerchukovalsindi neechukumav…inkemi migilindi ? May be this is chance to pick up vocal skills, talk to new bankers…kuch toh naya sikhne ko milega…lekapothey malla Ave patha mokalu, Ade pani..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Complex said:

I won't go back unless there is scope for growth/promotion. Make sure you  you have the scope . talk to the manager clearly. 

My 2c, I second this as well. Any move should always reflect either skills growth or pay, and communicate this to both managers what you gain with the move.

4 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

if your old team mates enjoy working with you again and vice versa, then all good. if not talk to your old manager about this as well.

At the end of the day, you have to enjoy what you are doing and then professionally and personally you are in a better space.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

Since you seem have more liking to old project move back to it. 

Inform to current project team that you aren't enjoying it much and want to take a break and decide whether to continue in it or not and after few days tell them I wish to move out..

During this break think about moving back keep them also informed that you will need some time to think about offer given.. Later you can tell them I would wish to join back to old project. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

its new role bro in current team..more vocal..less technical..talking business with bankers...

i am from tech background...i still managed upto some extent ...but loosing tech background...

Don't lose tech work.. as long as both managers are not enemies , just say I'm happy to comeback and ask old manager to talk to new manager. 

• Upvote 1