META ask managers to become individual contributes OR leave

ramudu

people's managers in some companies are so over-rated .. chesedi em undadhu .. micro-management thappa vaalla team members em doing ani 

konni orgs lo aithe .. they dont even need laptop to work .. with all HR and stuff now being available via apps on phone .. 

Product Owners/PM's emo ppt's/excel sheets help chestaru .. so at the end .. people managers can be laid off (in some orgs)

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

people's managers in some companies are so over-rated .. chesedi em undadhu .. micro-management thappa vaalla team members em doing ani 

konni orgs lo aithe .. they dont even need laptop to work .. with all HR and stuff now being available via apps on phone .. 

Product Owners/PM's emo ppt's/excel sheets help chestaru .. so at the end .. people managers can be laid off (in some orgs)

Problem is someone has to connect all these ppl for coordination … that’s where managers come into picture …I do agree they need to contribute individually, not at full potential but to some extent and I know few who does that 

19 minutes ago, MiryalgudaMaruthiRao said:

it's not that easy ba

pani vallatho pani cheyinchadam

6 minutes ago, chammakchandra said:

Problem is someone has to connect all these ppl for coordination … that’s where managers come into picture …I do agree they need to contribute individually, not at full potential but to some extent and I know few who does that 

Totally agree, all I am saying is, there is a distinction between people’s manager vs Technical manager.. if they understand their roles better, it will definitely help

11 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

Totally agree, all I am saying is, there is a distinction between people’s manager vs Technical manager.. if they understand their roles better, it will definitely help

Na lanti peoples manager lekapovadam valla DB lo real estate danda chesthunnav

33 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

Tech/Dev managers imp ey....they do lots of Architectural plannings, decisions etc etc...ppl management is just a part of it anthe. I've seen some who can jump in and issue a PR during code red's or weekend outages.