Nostalgic moments of childhood. Share karoooo

veerigadu

I miss spending time with my grand parents. Magical moments. I miss my grand father alot. 

Every moment chala bagundedhiii. Appuduuu aa age lo theliyaledhuuu. Ippuduuu adhi possible kadhuu. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since you guys talking about your grand parents ..

My grand pa (mom dad) 20 th death anniversary this month. 

I always remember how strong  and very calm, soft spoken  person he is ..he never shared his sadness  with any , kept everything to himself..

.I used to be some what spoiled brat as a young kid..but I am his favourite grand child, since I was his first grand child .  I remember him always calling me " arehh Kaisa aadmi re thum"with smile and confused look on his face, trying to figure out how I will endeavour in my future . .. he always used to say that everytime I did something very stupid .. 

He was born in to a farmers family died as farmer.. 

He did PUC in maths ,biology and languages which is a strange combination . Graduated from NDA (back then it used to be called national school of discipline ), went to Delhi for his air force training ..but his grand mother was very inclined against his career choice and decision to live in Delhi.  

When he was home for vacation during after his college .he received lot of letters from his friends..and some mentioned "miss you, please come back soon " from some of his female classmates which prompted her grandmother to be more cautious and made her to bring him back to AP and get married , secure a job locally.. up on his return he didn't like staying in AP, so left to Bihar did his homeopathy bms four year degree ..and up on his return he practiced homeopathy and joined as headmaster at a local school so he can stay close to his grand mother..

Eventually he started large venture in pesticides and fertilizers ..which ran okish but he lost life long savings ..  and from there his life didn't go smooth .he resorted to farming ..and also did contracting construction ..building water tanks , irrigation canals in Telangana 

He had collection of bikes ..like java , yezdi etc.. also I remember how he once rescued a rouge jeep during his NDA days as they where on excursion and the jeep was running down the hill on its own and to the steep  valley  which opens in to a crowded place below..this story was largely shared by his friends..he never ever spoke about his past .. he never told me about his education or anything..

The only time he spoke about his past was when he visited us in Delhi and while travelling to Rajasthan and agra he recollected his teenage college days..

I only came to know about his education mostly after his death, while we where looking for his insurance papers, a large pile of his degree ssc, puc, nsc ,,, homeopathy medicine and surgery degree showed up..that is when my curiosity spiked asked about all his past..very little is know to even my grand ma.. as he kept his past to himself.. I still have copies of those degrees..originals where lost in 2010 unfortunately..

He lost his life at 58 to cancer..he spent around 30 lakhs for treatment in 2003 from his own savjngs.. .. may he rest in peace. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

I miss spending time with my grand parents. Magical moments. I miss my grand father alot. 

Every moment chala bagundedhiii. Appuduuu aa age lo theliyaledhuuu. Ippuduuu adhi possible kadhuu. 

I miss Ganesh festival baa… used to collect all stuff from the village…. Lotus flowers kosam voori cheruvu lo dooki elagola sampadinchi intiki velli thannulu tinna rojulu veru leeee…

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

I miss Ganesh festival baa… used to collect all stuff from the village…. Lotus flowers kosam voori cheruvu lo dooki elagola sampadinchi intiki velli thannulu tinna rojulu veru leeee…

Ootuuu kotteeee time lo grease pole meedha nundiii kindhaaa padiii pirraluuu mandipoyeviii baaa

• Haha 1

Gold Spot drink 

kaaaluva lo eeetha

polaallo sachina laa playing cricket

Oorlo  pandagalapudu ready avadam

jathara ki velli toys konukkodam

grand parents tho spend cheyadam

cousins tho aadadam

jaama kayalu dongatanam cbeyadam

4th class lo unapudu frnd oka pillaki mudhu petadam

brahmanandam-bhibatsam.gif

3 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Grand parents bring different kind of warmth altogether ba. It’s very surreal. 

Yes they only give love..they don't hate you for your mistakes .they adore you..they give you every penny of their last remaining savings

• Sad 1

Oorla pedda baayi vuntunde…like 40-50 feet deep and wide kuda chala vuntadi…that’s where I learn to swim. Summer la ooriki pothe ie baayi la eetha kottudu oka shan vuntunde…used to spend hours together swimming in the well. 

Ipudu a baayi endipoi kulipoi vundi…bad times. It has served generations..

47 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Yes they only give love..they don't hate you for your mistakes .they adore you..they give you every penny of their last remaining savings

Y can't we be the same to our kids?