Radon mitigation system installation details

cottondora

15 minutes ago, cottondora said:

Anybody in the cold areas did Radon mitigation to your house ? How expensive is that ? Radon mitigation system installation cost entha untadi average ga ? 

Do I really need Radon Mitigation?

garage attic radon mitigation system

If you are reading this, hopefully you have already tested your home for radon gas. You may now be asking do I really need radon mitigation? The answer depends on the facts.

Radon Action Levels

The first thing to consider is the radon level in your home. Radon is measured in pico curies per Liter, or pCi/L. This is the number that tells us how much radon is actually in your home. Of course because radon has no odor, color or taste, the only way to determine this number is by testing for radon gas. Tests are done over a period of time and an average is determined.

Organizations like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and World Health Organization (WHO) have set levels that they believe action should be taken. For the EPA it is 4.0 pCi/L. If your home tests that or above, they recommend taking action. The WHO recommends taking action at a lower level of 2.7 pCi/L. We recommend following those guidelines. Above 4 – absolutely take action. Above 2.7 but below 4? It is recommended that you highly consider taking action. At the very least, plan on testing again in 6 months to see if levels increase. Below 2.7 is NOT a SAFE level – just rather below the level requiring immediate action. So what action are we talking about?

Radon Mitigation

If the radon levels in your home fall above those recommended action levels, installing a mitigation system is the next step. Yes, if you have high levels, you really do need to install a mitigation system. We won’t go into the health risks involved with prolonged exposure to radon, but you can read more about that here.

So what is a radon mitigation system? It is a system of pipes connected to a fan that actually pulls the radon from the soil below your house and vents it above the house into the air. Circumventing it coming and you breathing it into your lungs. Sound complex and expensive? Actually, it isn’t. Although a radon system should ONLY ever be installed by a professional, it can be installed in about 5 hours and is quite affordable. Especially when you consider how priceless your families health is.

What should you do next?

Obviously the first step is to test your home for radon. That will determine where to go next. If you have levels under 2.7, great. Just remember to retest every year or so (in different seasons) to ensure the levels remain low. If you are above those action levels, call the experts at Utah Radon Services to receive a FREE bid on installing a mitigation system in your home. Often, this can even be done with a series of questions over the phone.

Don’t wait… your health and your families health is worth a phone call.

15 minutes ago, cottondora said:

Anybody in the cold areas did Radon mitigation to your house ? How expensive is that ? Radon mitigation system installation cost entha untadi average ga ? 

Costs around 900$. Look for local companies with good reviews. get it done. Radon is a slow killer. Online lo news chusi nenu shock tinna.. This is one of the leading cause of lung cancer in US 

28 minutes ago, chingchang said:

Costs around 900$. Look for local companies with good reviews. get it done. Radon is a slow killer. Online lo news chusi nenu shock tinna.. This is one of the leading cause of lung cancer in US 

Love da lo di asalu etla untayo US la anni… I think cold places lo heaters veeti valla anukunta idantha!

1 minute ago, cottondora said:

Love da lo di asalu etla untayo US la anni 

US lo it comes out, in other countries- ignorance is bliss; try breathing miyapur/kphb and jeedimetla air for years 

18 minutes ago, cottondora said:

Love da lo di asalu etla untayo US la anni… I think cold places lo heaters veeti valla anukunta idantha!

Cold climate will have elevated levels ... Lot of US states have this problem and specially if you have basement. Mostly rocky soil places 

First test chepinchuko, it would cost around $180, some states also provide free kits, but I'd go with a professional to cross-check...if the value is less than 4 you don't need a mitigation system...

3 minutes ago, gilakkai said:

First test chepinchuko, it would cost around $180, some states also provide free kits, but I'd go with a professional to cross-check...if the value is less than 4 you don't need a mitigation system...

But it’s better to have one installed I believe ! 
I bought this home in 2017 and rented it out recently last year … appudu naku telvadu they said radon gas stuff and told levels are very low you don’t need it… but now tenants did test and say the levels are higher . So it’s better to have one installed ani seeing ! 

37 minutes ago, chingchang said:

Cold climate will have elevated levels ... Lot of US states have this problem and specially if you have basement. Mostly rocky soil places 

True! Basement untey normally levels high untay !