Indian real estate experts - need suggestion

Pandubabu

I dont have any property in india. Neither me nor wife won't inherit any property as well. We both were from below middle class families and started with 0 dollars when we got married 5 years ago.

Recently , both my FIL and my father  advised us to buy a property in india .I trust both of them .

Is it advisable to buy a property in india with dollar appreciating against rupee.

My FIL claims that the properties he helped others buy appreciated 4-8 times.

This property seems to be a plot and the chance of encroachment seems to be thin.

Any advise  appreciated..

31 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

I dont have any property in india. Neither me nor wife won't inherit any property as well. We both were from below middle class families and started with 0 dollars when we got married 5 years ago.

Recently , both my FIL and my father  advised us to buy a property in india .I trust both of them .

Is it advisable to buy a property in india with dollar appreciating against rupee.

This property seems to be a plot and the chance of encroachment seems to be thin.

Tagging @veerigadu @csrcsr @dasari4kntr for some insights

36 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

not every plot appreciates 4-8 times depends on multiple factors and false appreciation in some places like hyd outskirts... city ki oka 60-70 kms remote areas no residential lo plot koni adi appreciate ante oka stupidity sell cheseppudu immediate velthe then its a real appreciation.. dont fall for this false appreciations and buy something which is secure with decent returns and which u can sell immediately when needed.

49 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

Okati undali bro emi lekunte no Brainerd you should have one preferably plot mee parents untanu ante apartment (don't duggest buy apartment for investment) unte ok , okati aithe ubte best

11 minutes ago, chammakchandra said:

If u plan on moving back to India then buy if not don’t buy! Even if it appreciates 2-3fold it will be a nightmare to bring back $$$ 

Things changed recently. I may go back  to India based on parent's health condition with age ..

assuming SP500 returns 7%, do we expect the Indian real estate returns beat that,  if so in what range after paying capital gains and losing money to forex and rupee depreciation..

2 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

Things changed recently. I may go back  to India based on parent's health condition with age ..

assuming SP500 returns 7%, do we expect the Indian real estate returns beat that,  if so in what range after paying capital gains and losing money to forex and rupee depreciation..

i would only advise to get a plot which you think will appreciate atleast 100% in worst case in next 4-5 years..that too if you planning to move back

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I don't think real estate in most of india would experience  high appreciation like 90s and 200s anymore. Only a few exceptions where govt invests a lot infrastructure will experience the same growth 

It would be mostly gradual and barely beating S&P index (in dollars) in most areas 

Is it really worth the risk investing on land ? Hard to say . Legal system is horrible , so any plot is at risk 

What i am hearing is lands in towns and small cities  are appreciating at a good pace 

Just now, Pandubabu said:

What i am hearing is lands in towns and small cities  are appreciating at a good pace 

Only in few towns , that too depends on the political situation.

For example In AP if TDP wins no place outside krishna-guntur will have good growth. But same krishna-guntur won't have good growth if ycp wins 

It's really volatile tbh , those areas with political blessings will outperform those without 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

This is not at all the criteria. Father or FIL's past experience cannot be viewed as a piece of advice for your future investment. 

If you buy a plot, expect no returns for the next five years. Your property may hold value on paper but when you need to sell it, it may take forever sometimes it will be sold instantly. You are essentially blocking your money for considerable time. But then again you will get god appreciation over a period of time too.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Only in few towns , that too depends on the political situation.

For example In AP if TDP wins no place outside krishna-guntur will have good growth. But same krishna-guntur won't have good growth if ycp wins 

It's really volatile tbh , those areas with political blessings will outperform those without 

Bro, what's your opinion on Tirupathi..hear conflicting info, but mostly positive about real estate there.. on the fence whether I need to buy a plot there

GC vacche chance unte Vomerica lo invest sesi…oka kompaaa konnukooo. Enni rojuluuu rents kadthavvv. 

India velle plan unte. Invest without any second thoughts. But you can’t bring it back easily if you change your mind later. 

Atu itu kakunda confusion lo unteee. Diversify and invest in both countries. 

14 minutes ago, Abhagyudu said:

Bro, what's your opinion on Tirupathi..hear conflicting info, but mostly positive about real estate there.. on the fence whether I need to buy a plot there

Tirupati is a good place regardless of govt , just make sure the plot is free of all legal issues