Erythritol Linked to Heart Attacks and Strokes, Really?

Complex

@csrcsr @Spartan

A new study on erythritol and heart attacks has been in the news and found its way to social media—let’s talk about it.

This study correlates erythritol in your blood to higher incidents of heart attacks and strokes. However, I see some serious problems with this study.

Here are four key points about this study:

1. Correlation does not mean causation.

2. This study was based on endogenous erythritol and did not measure dietary erythritol. The body makes endogenous erythritol.

3. The body produces erythritol when you metabolize sugar, have oxidative stress or belly fat, or consume alcohol. The great majority of people in this study were in poor health, so how do we know erythritol was the problem.

4. Other research has liked erythritol to many different health benefits.

Could it be that erythritol is increasing in the body to counter the bad effects of sugar? It seems to me that erythritol is something that’s trying to help you and not hurt you.

3 minutes ago, RunRaajaRun123 said:

Protein powders ninda idhey untadhi

Correct …I didn’t understand much what he is explaining but better to avoid 

Esply low sugar ani lable chesina products , diet versions , protein bars n powders lo use chestharu 

I’m gonna return the protein bars that I got from Costco 

8 minutes ago, stonks_pro said:

Big pharma got u bro, they just want you to stop using erythritol and you are about to oblige big time. I purchased more costco protein bars seeing the previous thread about this topic and eating the bar one daily. Previously weekly just 2-3 times I used to eat , now I eat 1 per day.

47 minutes ago, stonks_pro said:

Correct …I didn’t understand much what he is explaining but better to avoid 

Esply low sugar ani lable chesina products , diet versions , protein bars n powders lo use chestharu 

video chusara meru

37 minutes ago, TriStateBabu said:

Big pharma got u bro, they just want you to stop using erythritol and you are about to oblige big time. I purchased more costco protein bars seeing the previous thread about this topic and eating the bar one daily. Previously weekly just 2-3 times I used to eat , now I eat 1 per day.

Emo bro can’t take risk…real added sugar thinte diabetes vachi slow ga potham or simply we can reduce intake…ee substitutes valla long term effects n unknown uncertainty tho risk anipisthondi cuz cardiac arrest won’t give any warnings …sudden plug pull 

14 minutes ago, stonks_pro said:

Emo bro can’t take risk…real added sugar thinte diabetes vachi slow ga potham or simply we can reduce intake…ee substitutes valla long term effects n unknown uncertainty tho risk anipisthondi cuz cardiac arrest won’t give any warnings …sudden plug pull 

point entantey erythritol is present in fruits and veggies that we already eat. How can it kill you when you have already been eating it all your life?

costco bars are the best kadha bro, if you are like me, you know these bars are the best cost and taste wise, manaki verey alternative kuda ledu.

18 minutes ago, stonks_pro said:

Chusa kani emo clear ga ardam kaledu…final conclusion ledu , ended edruptly 

Here are four key points about this study:

1. Correlation does not mean causation.

2. This study was based on endogenous erythritol and did not measure dietary erythritol. The body makes endogenous erythritol.

3. The body produces erythritol when you metabolize sugar, have oxidative stress or belly fat, or consume alcohol. The great majority of people in this study were in poor health, so how do we know erythritol was the problem.

4. Other research has liked erythritol to many different health benefits.

Could it be that erythritol is increasing in the body to counter the bad effects of sugar? It seems to me that erythritol is something that’s trying to help you and not hurt you.

I feel, the only reason this is even being reported on is to assign a scape goat for all of the increases in heart attacks in younger people when we all know what’s actually causing it.

48 minutes ago, Aquaman said:

I feel, the only reason this is even being reported on is to assign a scape goat for all of the increases in heart attacks in younger people when we all know what’s actually causing it.

and it is ???