Question about Indian citizenship

iddaritho

If you get citizenship here how long before should you renounce your Indian citizenship 

do you have time frame ? Do any one check if you don’t renounce your Indian citizenship 

Renouncing the existing country/indian citizenship anytime before acquiring the new-country/US citizenship is  a joke. You are not legally allowed to stay without any citizenship unless you are asylum or kind of a related case.  . .

You need US passport copy to apply for renouncing the Indian citizenship and surrender the Indian passport.

Once you acquire the US citizenship, you can renounce the indian citizenship within 3 years and surrender the passport.  You can't hold the indian citizenship/passport beyond 3 years after you acquire US citizenship. 

5 minutes ago, Forgive_Me said:

Renouncing the existing country/indian citizenship anytime before acquiring the new-country/US citizenship is  a joke. You are not legally allowed to stay without any citizenship unless you are asylum or kind of a related case.  . .

You need US passport copy to apply for renouncing the Indian citizenship and surrender the Indian passport.

Once you acquire the US citizenship, you can renounce the indian citizenship within 3 years and surrender the passport.  You can't hold the indian citizenship/passport beyond 3 years after you acquire US citizenship. 

idi boothu I just renounced my Indian Citizenship. I got US passport in 2019 jAN

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JANASENA said:

idi boothu I just renounced my Indian Citizenship. I got US passport in 2019 jAN

@JANASENA US citizenship vunte how many months you can be out of the country. US citizenship can we compltely stay in india. 

7 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

officially 3 years, and ippudu covid valla relaxation icharu emo or usual ga 5 or 10 years varak kuda allow chesthar emo inka chesedi em leka thats a different thing. .. 

35 minutes ago, Forgive_Me said:

3 years ane concept may have been mixed up with 3 months. You can travel with Indian passport upto 3 months from the date on citizenship certificate. After that use chesthe, you just need to pay fines.

29 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

right, no time limit as to when you can surrender, but u need a surrender certificate to obtain OCI. Not sure about visa though

38 minutes ago, Baangaruu said:

@JANASENA US citizenship vunte how many months you can be out of the country. US citizenship can we compltely stay in india. 

Yes, completely stay and never return. u can renew passports thru us consulate. No residency requirements for citizens

1 hour ago, Baangaruu said:

OCI unte you can stay in  Inida as long as you want.

1 hour ago, akkum_bakkum said:

Yes, completely stay and never return. u can renew passports thru us consulate. No residency requirements for citizens

office desi uncle moved to India permanently and he has US citizenship. India move aite US citizenship cancel cheyara

44 minutes ago, Baangaruu said:

office desi uncle moved to India permanently and he has US citizenship. India move aite US citizenship cancel cheyara

Once a citizen is forever a citizen, unless obtained by fraud.

None can question the mobility, just like u go to India once in a long while.