take a bow sachin

tables

I think it is more difficult now for a player to have a long career and still maintain his body.. there is no private life too.. that is where Dhoni and Kohli are fantastic too.. But the way Sachin maintained his dignity throughout his career is amazing.. 

Also, There were few matches and long breaks between tours in Sachin’s time.. now they are playing every other week.. I think the situations are different for different generations of players.. 

19 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

I think it is more difficult now for a player to have a long career and still maintain his body.. there is no private life too.. that is where Dhoni and Kohli are fantastic too.. But the way Sachin maintained his dignity throughout his career is amazing.. 

Also, There were few matches and long breaks between tours in Sachin’s time.. now they are playing every other week.. I think the situations are different for different generations of players.. 

the attack that Sachin played is far crazy…McGrath, Gillespie, Bret Lee, pollack, Donald, Wasim , Waqar, Shoaib, Aqib Javed, Vaas, walsh, Ambrose, Anderson , Shane bond, Styne, Murali, Saqlain so on 

the key thing is we do not even had a fast bowler of that caliber to get some practice in the nets 

and lot of pressure and no DSR for most of his playing time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stonks_pro said:

the attack that Sachin played is far crazy…McGrath, Gillespie, Bret Lee, pollack, Donald, Wasim , Waqar, Shoaib, Aqib Javed, Vaas, walsh, Ambrose, Anderson , Shane bond, Styne, Murali, Saqlain so on 

the key thing is we do not even had a fast bowler of that caliber to get some practice in the nets 

I am not denying Sachin’s greatness.. I am saying that it is difficult to have a long career now than in Sachin’s era.. 

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

I am not denying Sachin’s greatness.. I am saying that it is difficult to have a long career now than in Sachin’s era.. 

true this gen very difficult to have long career across any sport …they are making good money, so play few years, retire n chill 

Dhoni, Kohli, Brady, Lebrun, Federer, Nadal 

1 hour ago, tables said:

the more I think about sachin's playing days the more respect I have towards him.

asalu 90s , early 2000s lo aa pressure..stadiums lo sachin sachin ani pressure... world class bowling attacks and lively pitches.. the way he handled pressure and sustained for 24 years is remarkable.

ee matram form atu itu aina there were no IPLs or other leagues to make a career. its all or nothing.

never seen an innings like this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stonks_pro said:

Starc in current era is also difficult to face and got fastest 100 wickets in odi by that logic vk is also great facing likes of rabada, starc , shaheen , amir , boult etc

1 minute ago, Mr Mirchi said:

Sharjah … ever green match of sachin

enni sarlu ayina chudochu

this is completely different

look at that 98 perfect class no one can match what a player

2 hours ago, tables said:

the more I think about sachin's playing days the more respect I have towards him.

asalu 90s , early 2000s lo aa pressure..stadiums lo sachin sachin ani pressure... world class bowling attacks and lively pitches.. the way he handled pressure and sustained for 24 years is remarkable.

ee matram form atu itu aina there were no IPLs or other leagues to make a career. its all or nothing.

emo bro eppudu ayipoyinadhi bagundhi great anipistundhi...current dhi lite anipistundhi

but ippudu players have to play ipl, t20, odi and tests....ante inkentha pressure and have to maintain constant fitness

look at the total number of matches current gen play....not easy...example virat kohli

even now he is still maintaining good avg and yet people complain too much that he isn't at his best

10 minutes ago, Original Profile said:

emo bro eppudu ayipoyinadhi bagundhi great anipistundhi...current dhi lite anipistundhi

but ippudu players have to play ipl, t20, odi and tests....ante inkentha pressure and have to maintain constant fitness

look at the total number of matches current gen play....not easy...example virat kohli

even now he is still maintaining good avg and yet people complain too much that he isn't at his best

But they have option right? If they want they can leave out a format or IPL but they play leagues to earn.
Asalu county cricket adudam ani evadiki led, I don't say they should not earn but it is getting too commercial.

2 hours ago, stonks_pro said:

Srinath was top caliber fast bowler, mostly self developed for a nation where no one touched the 130s. Srinath at his peak was clocked around 155, outstanding pace. 

He was just over worked until he broke down. You don't make a smoking gun your work horse. Which is what BCCI did with him.

14 hours ago, stonks_pro said:

Please remove Aqib Javed from the list, he does not fit above list!

13 hours ago, Original Profile said:

current gen ki chaala options unnai....International team lo chance dorakapoina, IPL or other countries lo similar leagues lo join aina parledhu...they can make a living and earn. 

back then, if you are not in that 15 member squad, your career and your life is gone wasted.....so definitely it was much tougher to make a living back then.