Seeking advice on alternative income sources

Punisher

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, Konebhar6 said:

Plenty of ideas. Since you are in your late 20's there is a lot of opportunity to grow your money with out much risk. I will drop some ideas here. You can pick and choose.

In the mean while, answer some questions I understand you have less knowledge on stocks.

• But what is your risk appetite? How aggressive you want to be.
  • What are your goals for future.
  • Are you looking for your investments to grow or want some income stream monthly?
  • How much money can you put aside monthly for investments?

On 9/21/2023 at 6:44 PM, Konebhar6 said:
  • Buy some defensive stocks in Pharma sector which have been there for ages and give good dividend. Like GSK (around $30), PFE (buy between $30-$33), GILD (around $60). Altria (MO around $40) is in cigarette space and gives good dividend. Also add verizon (around $32). At current prices these are excellent yields (>5%). Imagine these doubling in 5-10 yrs. You will get 10-15% per yield on these. I would say invest around 20-25% of your portfolio in these type of standard companies with good div.
  • Buy some monthly div funds with less expense ratios. I own BST, BSTZ, PDI, JEPI, JEPQ. Some of these have higher expense ratios but are giving good returns. They give 10-15% yields. I like them as i am trying to replace my income stream and retire early.
  • Do a SIP and invest some money every month into index funds from vanguard, Schwab, etc.
  • If property prices crash (by 50%), buy a home to live and also buy a small home for rental income.
  • Talk to some people who have invested in other businesses and ask experience. Plenty of information online to learn financials. We have a group where we discuss ideas.
  • Coin Landry business is good. No maintenance. You need to just collect money every day. Location is the key
  • If real estate prices drop look at investing in a small apartment complex or strip mall along with 1-2 friends with similar mind set.
  • Margins are good in meat business these days. Look into any opportunities there. Find a good location that has large indian population and less halal meat shops.
  • I personally do not liker restaurant business. Too much work. You have to be always there. But a lot of desis get into this. Same with grocery store. 
  • Bar business is good. Look into fully automated Bar with taps and small bar food menu. Location is key. These are flourishing these days. 

@Konebhar6

I prefer low-risk investments, but I am open to some moderate risks for higher returns. My ultimate goal is to be financially free and have a steady income that covers my expenses and interests. I can allocate 20-30% of my income for investing.

Are the stocks you suggested suitable for a beginner like me? Should I start buying and holding them now, or should I wait for a better opportunity? Is it a good idea to invest in these companies: MSFT, ISRG, GOOG, SNOW, META, AMZN, AMD and APPL? Will they help my portfolio grow?

Could you please tell me which platform you use to purchase these funds: BST, BSTZ, PDI, JEPI, and JEPQ? My Roth IRA account is with Vanguard and Fidelity is where I receive RSUs from my employer. Also tell me some good index funds from Vanguard.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:46 PM, Punisher said:

Hello @Spartan @mustang302 @Konebhar6

I’m in my late 20s and I’m looking for some advice on how to increase my income. I’m already saving and investing in various ways, such as 401k, HSA, Roth IRA, and Robinhood cash account with 4.90% APY. I also buy I-bonds every year as a hedge against inflation. However, I’m not much into trading stocks or buying cryptocurrencies. I don’t own any real estate either.

What are some other options for earning more money for someone in my age group?

get arranged marriage sposnor Ur Maradalu for MS in USA+++ she will take care of ur extra money

if  no mardal then sponsor ur Bava maridi===all money gone

11 hours ago, Punisher said:

@Konebhar6

I prefer low-risk investments, but I am open to some moderate risks for higher returns. My ultimate goal is to be financially free and have a steady income that covers my expenses and interests. I can allocate 20-30% of my income for investing.

Are the stocks you suggested suitable for a beginner like me? Should I start buying and holding them now, or should I wait for a better opportunity? Is it a good idea to invest in these companies: MSFT, ISRG, GOOG, SNOW, META, AMZN, AMD and APPL? Will they help my portfolio grow?

Could you please tell me which platform you use to purchase these funds: BST, BSTZ, PDI, JEPI, and JEPQ? My Roth IRA account is with Vanguard and Fidelity is where I receive RSUs from my employer. Also tell me some good index funds from Vanguard.

I have used many platforms, best one is Fidelity as they allow purchase of all kinds of stocks and ETFs. You already have an account with them. For starters, any money you keep in that account is moved into SPAXX a money market fund which pays 5% div every month same as a HYSA. 

Do some simple understanding of stocks called fundamental analysis (FA). You need to learn PE Ratio, Market Cap, Valuation, Factors affecting a stock, etc. Yahoo finance is a good place. Youtube has many videos on FA. If you have no idea then best is to rely on experts and better get into Index funds or ETFs. You can look at the past performance (returns) and take a decision. Each fund shows the risk (high/medium/low) and returns are based on these. High risk, high return. 

When you invest in a stock, look for stocks which have unique business and are a leader in its space. For e.g. ISRG. Read abt company. Also, Its good to diversify. Also buy some stocks that give Div so that you have a good cash flow too.

What amount you want to invest initially (its ok if its 0), How much monthly, what is your investment span (yrs) and what is your target goal? Would you need this amount anytime during the span (like to buy a home, etc).