GoFundMe warning signs... Avoid these at any cost... Even if you know them personally or story looks legit

hunkyfunky2

When they set the gofundme campaign goal at 100K initially, that was their original estimate of ALL the expenses. Then they keep increasing it beyond 500K just because the money keeps pouring from dumbos and not because their expenses went up from 100K all the way to 500K!  How?? They are increasing the goal amount to indicate the campaign did not reach the goal and needs more donations. That is disgusting blood money!

Stop donating before the campaign reaches the goal. A campaign with 100K goal reaching 75K donations is good enough.

Know when to stop, use commonsense and save your money. Don't be a dumbo!

• Upvote 2

• hunkyfunky2 changed the title to GoFundMe warning signs... Avoid these at any cost... Even if you know them personally or story looks legit
9 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

If the fund started immediately after the event... 

- death? Are you saying family doesn't have 10k? If not close friends who started the fund can "loan" it. 

- death after accident / sudden insurance covers some expenses and any full time job has basic coverage which runs into 20k to 50k.

- death of a consultant without life insurance or other benefits: post the consultancy owner name and his details so that people can judge . 

- death of a student? Cost is 4k to send the body. It's one of the last charity acts that our gajji sangams do. Take advantage of them.

- my point is 99% of the times, these are started by friends who wanted to help and think starting a fund is the best thing to do. It's not... 

If there is no documentation of justification in the post 

- hospitalization: show proof of expenses, insurance overage , etc.

- If they start the fund at x and keep increasing it. 

Any story about single bread winner and need to take care of kids and family here and in India. Publish entire story , all property details and then ask.

I'll start shaming those who share these campaigns and those who question the need for them to the death. Be warned...

If you say, I know him or he belongs to our community or ex colleague- be prepared to answer the questions.. 

Dude stop this nonsense 

Did you saw recent post if autism kids and our afdb member post?

Autism kids needs 1.5 million to live luckily we have gofund so able to arrange money of almost 500k.

And counting more.

Nelanti vallu telisi telika ila post chesthe alanti pilllau yenni kastalu Padali.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

Dude stop this nonsense 

Autism kids needs 1.5 million to live luckily we have gofund so able to arrange money of almost 500k.

And counting more.

Nelanti vallu telisi telika ila post chesthe alanti pilllau yenni kastalu Padali.

maanchi sarcasm undi neelo 

keep it up

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sanjiv said:

When they set the gofundme campaign goal at 100K initially, that was their original estimate of ALL the expenses. Then they keep increasing it beyond 500K just because the money keeps pouring from dumbos and not because their expenses went up from 100K all the way to 500K!  How?? They are increasing the goal amount to indicate the campaign did not reach the goal and needs more donations. That is disgusting blood money!

Stop donating before the campaign reaches the goal. A campaign with 100K goal reaching 75K donations is good enough.

Know when to stop, use commonsense and save your money. Don't be a dumbo!

There is no lack of dumbos who do not understand this basic thing (when target donation $ increases). One of the reason could be emotions. People connect emotionally to an incident and pay. May be guilt too. But these are setting up bad precedent.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Yes. But why they keep raising the limit? 

Did they publish any financial details? What if their parents in India are ultra rich? What if he has 2 million insurance? 

Don't get emotional... There are millions who have more problems. I'm strictly talking about GFM exploits.... intentionally or unintentionally. Like social media , it is another plague which needs to be stopped.

anythg more with autistic kids..if i get 1mi i will take it.  

15 hours ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

Dude stop this nonsense 

And counting more.

Are you crazy? I didn't talk about anything in particular. 

Take this case - how did you arrive at that number? Do you know for sure that he doesn't have insurance ? I bet most likely he has sizeable insurance as that's the first thing doctors say - your kids need you, so make sure you have isurance etc... 

Do you know for sure their parents are not millionaires in india? 

On 10/12/2023 at 1:44 PM, hunkyfunky2 said:

If the fund started immediately after the event... 

- death? Are you saying family doesn't have 10k? If not close friends who started the fund can "loan" it. 

- death after accident / sudden insurance covers some expenses and any full time job has basic coverage which runs into 20k to 50k.

- death of a consultant without life insurance or other benefits: post the consultancy owner name and his details so that people can judge . 

- death of a student? Cost is 4k to send the body. It's one of the last charity acts that our gajji sangams do. Take advantage of them.

- my point is 99% of the times, these are started by friends who wanted to help and think starting a fund is the best thing to do. It's not... 

If there is no documentation of justification in the post 

- hospitalization: show proof of expenses, insurance overage , etc.

- If they start the fund at x and keep increasing it. 

Any story about single bread winner and need to take care of kids and family here and in India. Publish entire story , all property details and then ask.

I'll start shaming those who share these campaigns and those who question the need for them to the death. Be warned...

If you say, I know him or he belongs to our community or ex colleague- be prepared to answer the questions.. 

guy-read.gif

15 hours ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

Dude stop this nonsense 

And counting more.

guy-read.gif