WHICH one should I buy iPhone or best android phone?

pootareku

7 hours ago, tokkalogola said:

you look like isheep bro.. apple products are good no doubt but these days andorid phones esp samsung are par with it , and even better for less proce.

Well, the risk of sounding like an iSheep was there 🙂

My recommendation was - if you want cool apps and ecosystem, go for iPhone. If you want cool hardware, go for android. I did not say not to choose android

The major confusion people have in these kinds of discussion is clubbing the topics IOS vs Android OS  and  Iphone vs Android based phone (Samsung galaxy, LG etc).

As an OS, android is far capable than IOS.  Just consider how many different hardware configurations Android OS can handle whereas IOS can handle only a handful.  Hence, the issues with latency (Music apps) on Android phones.

Android Phone vs Iphone:  This comparison is about hardware. Android phone are in wide pricing spectrum where you can get quality products based on Manufacturers, Models and price.

User Experience:  Iphone wins here for its fluidity and consistency due to both software and hardware being handled by Apple. Android phones used to suffer due to bloatware from device manufacturers. This is not the case anymore, bloatware is being reduced year by year with new phone models: Ex: Samsung phones doesnt have bloatware as much as before, One plus phones doesnt have any bloatware.

Ecosystem: It entirely depends on where your investment is. Both ecosystems support myriad of devices. 

Somehow when there is a comparison between Iphone vs Android phone, people deliberately forget the existence of Pixel phones. Iphone vs Pixel will be apples to apple comparison than to rest of android devices. 

Privacy: Apple is no saint here.  Do you guys even know that google pays around 3 billion dollars an year to apple to be a default search engine on Apple devices? Which means Apple sold it users to google for data mining purposes.

Voice Assistant: Siri Vs Google Assistant. No discussion here. Even Alex is better than Siri in this case.

Most of the apple users somehow has the audacity to blame android when they dont even use comparable android phones (say Pixel phones)

2 hours ago, proudtobeandhrite said:

The major confusion people have in these kinds of discussion is clubbing the topics IOS vs Android OS  and  Iphone vs Android based phone (Samsung galaxy, LG etc).

As an OS, android is far capable than IOS.  Just consider how many different hardware configurations Android OS can handle whereas IOS can handle only a handful.  Hence, the issues with latency (Music apps) on Android phones.

Android Phone vs Iphone:  This comparison is about hardware. Android phone are in wide pricing spectrum where you can get quality products based on Manufacturers, Models and price.

User Experience:  Iphone wins here for its fluidity and consistency due to both software and hardware being handled by Apple. Android phones used to suffer due to bloatware from device manufacturers. This is not the case anymore, bloatware is being reduced year by year with new phone models: Ex: Samsung phones doesnt have bloatware as much as before, One plus phones doesnt have any bloatware.

Ecosystem: It entirely depends on where your investment is. Both ecosystems support myriad of devices. 

Somehow when there is a comparison between Iphone vs Android phone, people deliberately forget the existence of Pixel phones. Iphone vs Pixel will be apples to apple comparison than to rest of android devices. 

Privacy: Apple is no saint here.  Do you guys even know that google pays around 3 billion dollars an year to apple to be a default search engine on Apple devices? Which means Apple sold it users to google for data mining purposes.

Voice Assistant: Siri Vs Google Assistant. No discussion here. Even Alex is better than Siri in this case.

Most of the apple users somehow has the audacity to blame android when they dont even use comparable android phones (say Pixel phones)

When I buy a fruit for that matter anything I shall buy based on instincts but not because someone said something for someone somewhere and somehow it is right

been using Apple for years and yes I like Apple and really think every dollar spent is WORTH 

i also have an android tablet that was given for free and honestly I was not even able to navigate and outright confused but later somewhere saw an Samsung phone by a colleague and was impressed by a notch but since it was Samsung did not compare with what I have as I am already happy with Apple

whatever the stats say they say nd that is it

people already know what has value and

When a customer is spending almost a grand on a phone, he has the right to weigh everything that comes with it - not just what brand it is or which platform.

While buying a house or renting an apartment, we don’t just look at how well the place is built or which realty company is managing it - we also look at reviews (ratings), how repairs and maintenance are carried out (updates), community (ecosystem), schools(games), jobs (apps), convenience (user experience), location (privacy/resale value), crime rate (malware), etc.

It is ok to compare hardware as well as software in totality before making a purchase decision.