Have you ever faced any big financial loss

Daaarling

8 minutes ago, Daaarling said:

in real estate, shares, got cheated, inappropriate investment etc

Yes in real estate land got cheated by owner/ mediators on size of plot  and our negligence as well. Fought for 4 + years 80% issue resolved and 20% remaining but afraid that progress may go back. I have invested in lot of lands after learning from that mistake.

In the end you learn from mistakes but don’t make too many mistakes .

1.Lost 5 lacs given to fnds and ofc colleagues. Antha hand icharu. Not able to recover

2.Lost 10 lacs in shares till Nov 2018 and reduced my loss to 1.8lacs as of today

3. Investing in mutual funds via financial advisor everymonth 65k for the last two years . Not able to see any growth.

Lessons learnt:

1. Evvarni nammi appu ivvaku. Ichina kooda 10k lopu vundey vidhamga choosko

2. Dont trade in stock market without knowledge. Loss in share market made me bold as i got trained in tech,fin ,options trading,able to prep charts and do trading on my own analysis.

@Golfchalera

. Investing in mutual funds via financial advisor everymonth 65k for the last two years . Not able to see any growth

how this one is a mistake.....

11 minutes ago, Golfchalera said:

1.Lost 5 lacs given to fnds and ofc colleagues. Antha hand icharu. Not able to recover

2.Lost 10 lacs in shares till Nov 2018 and reduced my loss to 1.8lacs as of today

3. Investing in mutual funds via financial advisor everymonth 65k for the last two years . Not able to see any growth.

Lessons learnt:

1. Evvarni nammi appu ivvaku. Ichina kooda 10k lopu vundey vidhamga choosko

2. Dont trade in stock market without knowledge. Loss in share market made me bold as i got trained in tech,fin ,options trading,able to prep charts and do trading on my own analysis.

5 minutes ago, Printcopyscan said:

@Golfchalera

. Investing in mutual funds via financial advisor everymonth 65k for the last two years . Not able to see any growth

Fin advisor wrong selection. I came to know few months back. Most of the mfs in my portfolio belongs to abc group who gives commission to these advisories.

90% mf/fin advisor are not real ones.  Many are mf distributors. There is a wide diff between mf distributor and mf research analyst.

Nenu wrong person ni select cheskovadam valla nice investment opportunities miss ayyanu otherwsie na portfolio eepatiki baagundedhi

6 minutes ago, Printcopyscan said:

@Golfchalera

Oh please, Not again. Ask the expense ratio of the fund and how long he has been investing. 95% of fund managers can’t beat the market return which will be around 8% avg and it will take at least 10 years to get that return. In between the market can have peaks and troughs for many months. Never ever invest in mutual funds for fewer than 10 years and don’t trust the fund manager unless he is someone like David Swensen