2020 lo online mba cheyalani vundhi

Raazu

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Online MBA waste. I would suggest you to go to school . The experience is very different. Just saying my opinion

konni schools cheppu Berkeley alantivi kakunda

2 minutes ago, MiryalgudaMaruthiRao said:

konni schools cheppu Berkeley alantivi kakunda

Actually after few yrs of experience manchi schools kakapote MBA waste. Nenu cheste alanti schools lo cheyali leda lite anta. Mediocre schools lo MBA ki paisal petti chadavadam waste after 5-6 yrs of exp. Ah networking advantage tesukolekapote waste in my opinion *n$

37 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

Stanford

Is an M.B.A. Still Worth It?

You’d gain some neat tricks and well-heeled friends, but the cost is prohibitive.

Sept. 22, 2019 4:27 pm ET

What year were you?” a Morgan Stanleycolleague asked me years ago. “Huh? Year?” I replied. “What year at HBS?” H-B-what? “What year did you graduate from Harvard Business School?” Oh, I get it now. “I didn’t go to HBS,” I told him. “Actually, I don’t have an M.B.A.” After a long pause and scrunched-up face, he asked, “Well, then how the hell did you get a job here?” As I walked away, I murmured under my breath, “Maybe I earned it.”

So should you get a master’s in business administration? These days a lot of people are rethinking that question. Applications are down, even at HBS and GSB (that’s Stanford’s Graduate School of Business—get with the lingo). The number of GMAT test scores sent to two-year, full-time M.B.A. programs has plummeted since 2015. Last year 70% of two-year M.B.A. programs saw declining enrollment; in 2014 it was only one-third. Rats deserting a sinking ship?

Before I really pile on, it’s worth mentioning that there are a few decent reasons to go. The first is pedigree. If you want to get a job on Wall Street or in private equity, you pretty much need an M.B.A.—a golden ticket. But although these jobs pay well, they entail long hours chained to giant monitors. It’s basically the mushroom treatment: Higher-ups will keep you in a dark room and constantly throw, let’s just say, manure on you.

im-108773?width=620&size=1.5

Another reason to go is the networking (it only takes a couple of drinks for most graduates to admit this was their main draw). Business school is a great place to meet other up-and-coming climbers to get pulled up by, or better yet, pass on your way to the executive floor, bathroom key included. I constantly meet people who studied with former Microsoft CEO and GSB dropout Steve Ballmer. The final reason to go to B-school is that you might actually learn something—like how to do macros in Excel.

But—you knew this was coming—man oh man is it expensive. HBS tuition is now $73,440 a year. Total costs are estimated at $110,740 if you’re single and more than 150 grand if you’re married with two children. That excludes the cost of your MacBook, let alone forgone wages. You’d better get that Wall Street job.

I’ve dug into the curricula at dozens of M.B.A. programs, from Booth to Kellogg to Fuqua. They’re all more or less the same: The first year has introductory courses in finance, accounting, managerial skills—my eyes are getting droopy, too—along with modeling and organizational behavior, each no doubt chock full of case studies that are probably no longer relevant. And virtually every program now has a mandatory ethics class, which awkwardly suggests that students had no ethics coming in.

The second year is a supposedly deep dive into finance or marketing or strategic management. Finance majors learn how the stock market works and about private equity. Sadly, I’ve suffered many dinner party conversations with Wharton M.B.A.s telling me how famed professor Jeremy Siegel taught them secret investing tips: low multiple, dividends, blah blah. They were almost always wrong.

Any halfway-on-the-ball undergrad could construct a virtual M.B.A. himself by taking a finance course and some in marketing and psychology, plus any course that teaches how to use spreadsheets. Then get buzzword-compliant and, voilà, an M.B.A. in a box.

I’m often envious of the networking capabilities of M.B.A. students, and of hearing “I went to B-school with that guy.” But that’s old school. Today everyone is great at networking. If you don’t know how to connect with a business contact through social networks and the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon principle, you were probably born too long ago. Heck, the only reason LinkedIn exists is the way it helps users find and connect with business contacts. Sure, it hasn’t replaced being in an intimate study group with future successful business-folk, but it’s a reasonable facsimile for a lot less than $250,000 and two years.

As far as jobs go, how do you get to be a product manager at Facebook? An M.B.A. certainly doesn’t hurt, but it isn’t a prerequisite. And when I surfed through course catalogs I saw very few classes that would prepare you for that job. Or to manage a team of coders at Google. Or to do product launches at Uber—let alone to join a hot young startup destined to become the Uber of dental care, pet delivery or floor wax.

All this leaves the impression that, beyond finance, M.B.A. programs are still geared toward an industrial America that is shrinking—much like B-school enrollment.

Here’s a tip that no M.B.A. program teaches: My editor taught me that if you ask a question in a headline, the answer is usually no.

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Is an M.B.A. Still Worth It?

You’d gain some neat tricks and well-heeled friends, but the cost is prohibitive.

Sept. 22, 2019 4:27 pm ET

What year were you?” a Morgan Stanleycolleague asked me years ago. “Huh? Year?” I replied. “What year at HBS?” H-B-what? “What year did you graduate from Harvard Business School?” Oh, I get it now. “I didn’t go to HBS,” I told him. “Actually, I don’t have an M.B.A.” After a long pause and scrunched-up face, he asked, “Well, then how the hell did you get a job here?” As I walked away, I murmured under my breath, “Maybe I earned it.”

So should you get a master’s in business administration? These days a lot of people are rethinking that question. Applications are down, even at HBS and GSB (that’s Stanford’s Graduate School of Business—get with the lingo). The number of GMAT test scores sent to two-year, full-time M.B.A. programs has plummeted since 2015. Last year 70% of two-year M.B.A. programs saw declining enrollment; in 2014 it was only one-third. Rats deserting a sinking ship?

Before I really pile on, it’s worth mentioning that there are a few decent reasons to go. The first is pedigree. If you want to get a job on Wall Street or in private equity, you pretty much need an M.B.A.—a golden ticket. But although these jobs pay well, they entail long hours chained to giant monitors. It’s basically the mushroom treatment: Higher-ups will keep you in a dark room and constantly throw, let’s just say, manure on you.

im-108773?width=620&size=1.5

Another reason to go is the networking (it only takes a couple of drinks for most graduates to admit this was their main draw). Business school is a great place to meet other up-and-coming climbers to get pulled up by, or better yet, pass on your way to the executive floor, bathroom key included. I constantly meet people who studied with former Microsoft CEO and GSB dropout Steve Ballmer. The final reason to go to B-school is that you might actually learn something—like how to do macros in Excel.

But—you knew this was coming—man oh man is it expensive. HBS tuition is now $73,440 a year. Total costs are estimated at $110,740 if you’re single and more than 150 grand if you’re married with two children. That excludes the cost of your MacBook, let alone forgone wages. You’d better get that Wall Street job.

I’ve dug into the curricula at dozens of M.B.A. programs, from Booth to Kellogg to Fuqua. They’re all more or less the same: The first year has introductory courses in finance, accounting, managerial skills—my eyes are getting droopy, too—along with modeling and organizational behavior, each no doubt chock full of case studies that are probably no longer relevant. And virtually every program now has a mandatory ethics class, which awkwardly suggests that students had no ethics coming in.

The second year is a supposedly deep dive into finance or marketing or strategic management. Finance majors learn how the stock market works and about private equity. Sadly, I’ve suffered many dinner party conversations with Wharton M.B.A.s telling me how famed professor Jeremy Siegel taught them secret investing tips: low multiple, dividends, blah blah. They were almost always wrong.

Any halfway-on-the-ball undergrad could construct a virtual M.B.A. himself by taking a finance course and some in marketing and psychology, plus any course that teaches how to use spreadsheets. Then get buzzword-compliant and, voilà, an M.B.A. in a box.

I’m often envious of the networking capabilities of M.B.A. students, and of hearing “I went to B-school with that guy.” But that’s old school. Today everyone is great at networking. If you don’t know how to connect with a business contact through social networks and the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon principle, you were probably born too long ago. Heck, the only reason LinkedIn exists is the way it helps users find and connect with business contacts. Sure, it hasn’t replaced being in an intimate study group with future successful business-folk, but it’s a reasonable facsimile for a lot less than $250,000 and two years.

As far as jobs go, how do you get to be a product manager at Facebook? An M.B.A. certainly doesn’t hurt, but it isn’t a prerequisite. And when I surfed through course catalogs I saw very few classes that would prepare you for that job. Or to manage a team of coders at Google. Or to do product launches at Uber—let alone to join a hot young startup destined to become the Uber of dental care, pet delivery or floor wax.

All this leaves the impression that, beyond finance, M.B.A. programs are still geared toward an industrial America that is shrinking—much like B-school enrollment.

Here’s a tip that no M.B.A. program teaches: My editor taught me that if you ask a question in a headline, the answer is usually no.

I always think that management is for people who can't work themselves, but boss around other people. What's your point?

3 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I always think that management is for people who can't work themselves, but boss around other people. What's your point?

I don’t know, sometimes you get great leaders out of MBA programs. Some times you get shitheads who are not even fit to be analysts as well. The guy I replaced at my org was a 50 year old IVY MBA - non Harvard/ Penn. Remember during my KT days, he was confused as feck. Now I realize that he handled the stress better. May be all those years of experience helped him. Feel like you prepare for it with your experiences more than your knowledge. Coming to my point, are companies seeing through the value of an MBA? I mean there are a lot more non top 5 MBAs on the trading floor these days. 

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

I don’t know, sometimes you get great leaders out of MBA programs. Some times you get shitheads who are not even fit to be analysts as well. The guy I replaced at my org was a 50 year old IVY MBA - non Harvard/ Penn. Remember during my KT days, he was confused as feck. Now I realize that he handled the stress better. May be all those years of experience helped him. Feel like you prepare for it with your experiences more than your knowledge. Coming to my point, are companies seeing through the value of an MBA? I mean there are a lot more non top 5 MBAs on the trading floor these days. 

I don't know how it is for MBA. But a lot of companies think that the school you go to determines how smart you are, no matter how stupid you're. I get a message every week from companies around the Bay area, but only I know how stupid I am. 

5 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I don't know how it is for MBA. But a lot of companies think that the school you go to determines how smart you are, no matter how stupid you're. I get a message every week from companies around the Bay area, but only I know how stupid I am. 

Not in finance or marketing though. If you are not making money, they will kick you out in no time. May be for a lot of Indians in IT, MBA that can lead to product management roles may help. However, fair few product managers don’t have an MBA these days. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Not in finance or marketing though. If you are not making money, they will kick you out in no time. May be for a lot of Indians in IT, MBA that can lead to product management roles may help. However, fair few product managers don’t have an MBA these days. 

In my field, you don't need an MBA to manage a group of 10-20 people. Most assistant professors handle about 10M of funding. It's not much when compared to companies, but still its something they manage without an MBA. 

FYI: even in my field if you don't get atleast a few million, you're kicked out and denied tenure.