Dr BR Ambedkar Statue inauguration at Vijayawada

ARYA

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

among Ambedkar's least attractive quality was that he was an Indian Nationalist.

Or probably his strongest, depends on which side of fence you are on.

Just now, CanadianMalodu said:

Or probably his strongest, depends on which side of fence you are on.

I'm on the side of 'fcuk India'.

16 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

because distribution of social capital is incredibly unequal in India, and the inequality is perpetuated by continuation of caste (mainly through marriage). one generation enjoying a govt job is not enough to mitigate this inequality and those kids who avail reservations are not abusing the system, merely using what they are qualified to - not because its a birth right.

reservations are hardly the vehicle for social mobility, but more a way of having some share of power in governance. Ambedkar actually wanted unrestricted political power through separate electorates, and has always been skeptical of usefulness of reservations. @CanadianMalodu agrees with Ambedkar on this, even though he now rejects the SC tag, and only embraces the Mala identity. However i don't see malas giving up their SC categorization.

your proposal to put limits on income on sc reservation will make sc/st group on par with OC who also can avail reservations now if they are in a household that makes less than 80k a month. literally sc/st and OC will be treated as equal if you put a income cap on sc/st availaing reservations. if you think this is okay.. that means you are saying caste is no longer an issue in India. is that what you are saying?

there are several things wrong with reservation, and even the idea of reservation. For one, caste is not the only marker of social exclusion, and oppression in India, and reservation by focusing solely on caste misses other forms of exclusion in society.

I don't know what you mean by 'proper' use of reservation. if you are qualified to avail it, you avail it. and that is not abuse. only fraud is abuse.

In the current setup of Indian society, political power is the only way to accumulate capital. I'd like Malas to give reservation and embrace capitalism. The capitalism and bulk voting shall alone change the political outcomes in the state. If Kapus think they can, so can Malas.

3 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

In the current setup of Indian society, political power is the only way to accumulate capital. I'd like Malas to give reservation and embrace capitalism. The capitalism and bulk voting shall alone change the political outcomes in the state. If Kapus think they can, so can Malas.

you'd like it, but malas won't. and mala leaders who propose that would be roundly defeated. if there a mala leader who's making this braindead proposal about 'embracing capitalism' - whatever that means?

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

you'd like it, but malas won't. and mala leaders who propose that would be roundly defeated. if there a mala leader who's making this braindead proposal about 'embracing capitalism' - whatever that means?

It's just matter of time.

3 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

It's just matter of time.

lmao. you do realise kapus are fighting to be included in reservation, while you are hoping malas to volunteer themselves out of it.

if such a thing happens, mala community will split politically

39 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

lmao. you do realise kapus are fighting to be included in reservation, while you are hoping malas to volunteer themselves out of it.

if such a thing happens, mala community will split politically

That's correct. Reservations won't give you political power. Bloc voting does. The problems Malas face are division by religion and region. A good chunk of them in coastal Andhra converted to Christianity. Deabrahaminsation and return to the dharmic fold is the first step. Then building political and financial bases. This is the way to consolidate the voting, and ensure no split ends are present. 

3 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

That's correct. Reservations won't give you political power. Bloc voting does. The problems Malas face are division by religion and region. A good chunk of them in coastal Andhra converted to Christianity. Deabrahaminsation and return to the dharmic fold is the first step. Then building political and financial bases. This is the way to consolidate the voting, and ensure no split ends are present. 

You are insane. Openly advocating casteism and getting away with it because you are mala, and you think it's clever. 

It's actually pathetic and delusional. The sickness of group identity is perhaps that intoxicating for people to build castles in air. Whether it's 'dharmix' nonsense or caste or region or language. Human insecurity to belong has no depths to sink to I guess.

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

You are insane. Openly advocating casteism and getting away with it because you are mala, and you think it's clever. 

It's actually pathetic and delusional. The sickness of group identity is perhaps that intoxicating for people to build castles in air. Whether it's 'dharmix' nonsense or caste or region or language. Human insecurity to belong has no depths to sink to I guess.

Define casteism. Where did I advocate it ? Group identity has been part of human history for as long as it existed.  

4 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

malas will never get political power the way you envision. at best, you'll be a token model SC friend in your uppercaste circle to point to when they are in the mood to piss off dalits.

sort of like Thomas Sowell in the US. batshit insane talking points made with the pretense of a sage like composure, that doesn't help the cause of your people, but give tools to the ruling class to use it against them.

1 minute ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Define casteism. Where did I advocate it ? Group identity has been part of human history for as long as it existed.  

politics based on power mongering with caste as its base, is casteism. what else would you call it?

9 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

btw, what role does your hindu dharma give to mala, since you are so keen to bring malas back to 'dharmic' fold.

do they come under the 4 varnas, or do we have to make arrangements to fit them into one of them by bribing some priests?

22 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

I think you are just using mala identity to feed your own inner narcissist (making grand plans on behalf of large group of people), without a care to what other malas think, and to give yourself motivation to do well in life. or to experiment with braindead takes on 'capitalism' in a db where no one over an IQ of 70 even visits.

it may help you attain personal glory, and that's it.

this is not how politics work. at the minimum, you are not supposed to advertise to everybody that you want to take political power for your caste, when you are in the company of others. Its basic etiquette, or even common sense.

and your observation that political power is important is a trivial one. even a child understands that it is. the public discourse is about how fairly such power can be distributed inspite of the trappings of the nation state that the society is stuck in..

you should your have mala power trip delusions when you are among malas who agree with you..

10 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

The only way is to include themselves in telugunadu movement.