Anybody working with Dis-ney Strea-ming via T-a-v-ant?

bharathicement

Me, based in the UK got shortlisted, for a fully remote Scala Developer role with Diss-ney Stre aming via Ta-v-a-nt technologies

Its a remote contracting role, need to work within EST timings which suits me very well, as it will be 2:00 in the afternoon for me in UK.

Pay rate, I cant disclose, its really not that great.

But they said its 3 round interview - and all three are technical.

My question is how difficult each round is and what do they expect??

41 minutes ago, baabaa said:

Nee avva!! ikkada US lo unna valake jaabulu levu ra ante malli UK ninchi koda competition aa 😭

Not kidding bro, serious. Scala as a programming language has huge demand, though roles are not a plenty.

I asked the same question but the agency said that tav-an-t has a geographically diverse Global teams concept and also Disney is directly entering European markets. 

Also pay rate is just £550 per day which is around 690 USD per day, which is nothing for US based guys

20 minutes ago, bharathicement said:

Not kidding bro, serious. Scala as a programming language has huge demand, though roles are not a plenty.

I asked the same question but the agency said that tav-an-t has a geographically diverse Global teams concept and also Disney is directly entering European markets. 

Also pay rate is just £550 per day which is around 690 USD per day, which is nothing for US based guys

690 usd per day nothing ah. 

33 minutes ago, bharathicement said:

$690/day is good rate bhayya. Meeku koda malli mestri ki 80-20 concept untunda or entire $690/day comes to you? 

46 minutes ago, IamBhagatSingh said:

690 usd per day nothing ah. 

Honestly, as per AFDB, many people claim they do $250,000 with 20% bonus, health care insurance and so on. So pro-rata lo adhi, if you assume 260 days per year and with holidays, it will be just above $1,000 per day kadha bhayya

35 minutes ago, baabaa said:

$690/day is good rate bhayya. Meeku koda malli mestri ki 80-20 concept untunda or entire $690/day comes to you? 

idhoka pedda mystery concept. Until recently, most contracts were Outside IR35 which meant that we can retail up to 85% as NET.

But UK Economy is in such a bad shape that they are sucking blood pf common man where ever they can - introduced Inside IR35 Rule on every contract - which means we cannot get more than 60% as NET AT ANY COST. The UK Govt have closed all the loop holes that were used to exploit contracting system.

5 hours ago, baabaa said:

Nee avva!! ikkada US lo unna valake jaabulu levu ra ante malli UK ninchi koda competition aa 😭

Asalu fully remote positions ki ... Usa nunchi position close chesthe ... Vendors are shaming themselves ... 

Canada Chile are favourite 

22 hours ago, bharathicement said:

Me, based in the UK got shortlisted, for a fully remote Scala Developer role with Diss-ney Stre aming via Ta-v-a-nt technologies

Its a remote contracting role, need to work within EST timings which suits me very well, as it will be 2:00 in the afternoon for me in UK.

Disney vadantena pedda slave trading lekka .. contract chadivi santhakam cheyyi.. Tavant is a good company .. I do not know that they are into Consulting business now.. Earlier it is a pure product based company.. 

23 hours ago, bharathicement said:

1. Scala Basics:

• What are the key features of Scala that differentiate it from other programming languages?
    • Can you explain the concept of immutability in Scala and its benefits?
  2. Functional Programming:

• How does functional programming differ from object-oriented programming, and how does Scala support both paradigms?
    • Explain the importance of first-class functions in Scala and provide an example.
  3. Concurrency and Parallelism:

• How does Scala handle concurrency, and what are some common concurrency challenges?
    • Can you explain the difference between parallel and concurrent programming, and how Scala facilitates parallelism?
  4. Collections and Pattern Matching:

• Discuss the collections library in Scala and provide examples of when you might use specific collection types.
    • Explain the concept of pattern matching in Scala and how it can be used in code.
  5. Akka:

• Have you worked with Akka in Scala? If so, can you describe a scenario where Akka actors were beneficial in solving a problem?
    • How does Akka support fault tolerance, and what strategies can be used to handle failures?
  6. Testing in Scala:

• What testing frameworks have you used for Scala development, and what are the advantages of each?
    • How do you approach testing in a concurrent or distributed system?
  7. Spark and Big Data:

• Have you worked with Apache Spark in Scala? Describe a project where Spark was used, and the challenges faced.
    • How does Scala integrate with big data technologies, and what benefits does it bring to large-scale data processing?
  8. Tools and Build Systems:

• What build tools have you used in Scala development, and what are the advantages of your preferred tool?
    • How do you manage dependencies in a Scala project?
  9. Collaborative Problem Solving:

• Describe a situation where you had to work closely with a team to solve a complex problem. How did you contribute, and what was the outcome?
    • How do you approach code reviews, and what role do they play in your development process?
  10. Disney Streaming Specifics:

• Have you worked on streaming or media-related projects before?
    • How do you ensure the reliability and scalability of a streaming service, and what challenges might arise in such an environment?

These questions should provide a good mix of Scala language knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and familiarity with relevant technologies for a Scala Developer role at Disney Streaming.

• Like 1

1. Scala Basics:

• Scala differentiates itself through its concise syntax, strong static typing, and support for both object-oriented and functional programming. Immutability in Scala means that once a variable is assigned, its value cannot be changed, promoting safer and more predictable code.

• Functional programming emphasizes the use of pure functions, immutability, and first-class functions. Scala supports these concepts through features like immutable data structures, higher-order functions, and pattern matching.

• Scala handles concurrency through its Actor model in libraries like Akka. Concurrency involves the execution of multiple tasks at the same time, while parallelism involves the simultaneous execution of multiple tasks on different processors or cores.

• Scala provides a rich collection library, including lists, sets, and maps. Pattern matching simplifies complex conditional statements, making code more readable and expressive.
  5. Akka:

• Akka is a toolkit for building highly concurrent, distributed, and resilient systems. Actors in Akka provide a model for concurrent computation, and strategies like supervision trees help manage failures.
  6. Testing in Scala:

• Testing frameworks like ScalaTest and specs2 are commonly used. Unit testing, integration testing, and property-based testing are integral parts of Scala development, ensuring code correctness and reliability.
  7. Spark and Big Data:

• Apache Spark is a powerful big data processing framework in Scala. It allows for distributed data processing, and Scala's expressive syntax makes it well-suited for writing concise and readable Spark code.

• Common build tools include sbt and Maven. Managing dependencies is crucial, and tools like sbt make it easy to declare and manage project dependencies.

• I actively contribute to collaborative problem-solving by communicating effectively, sharing insights, and participating in discussions. In code reviews, I focus on providing constructive feedback and learning from others.

• While I haven't worked specifically on streaming projects at Disney Streaming, my experience in building scalable and reliable systems, coupled with a strong understanding of streaming technologies, positions me well to contribute effectively to such projects.

These are just sample answers, and candidates should provide more detailed and personalized responses based on their experiences and knowledge.

Just now, Konebhar6 said:
  1. Scala Basics:

• What are the key features of Scala that differentiate it from other programming languages?
    • Can you explain the concept of immutability in Scala and its benefits?

• How does functional programming differ from object-oriented programming, and how does Scala support both paradigms?
    • Explain the importance of first-class functions in Scala and provide an example.

• How does Scala handle concurrency, and what are some common concurrency challenges?
    • Can you explain the difference between parallel and concurrent programming, and how Scala facilitates parallelism?

• Discuss the collections library in Scala and provide examples of when you might use specific collection types.
    • Explain the concept of pattern matching in Scala and how it can be used in code.
  5. Akka:

• Have you worked with Akka in Scala? If so, can you describe a scenario where Akka actors were beneficial in solving a problem?
    • How does Akka support fault tolerance, and what strategies can be used to handle failures?
  6. Testing in Scala:

• What testing frameworks have you used for Scala development, and what are the advantages of each?
    • How do you approach testing in a concurrent or distributed system?
  7. Spark and Big Data:

• Have you worked with Apache Spark in Scala? Describe a project where Spark was used, and the challenges faced.
    • How does Scala integrate with big data technologies, and what benefits does it bring to large-scale data processing?

• What build tools have you used in Scala development, and what are the advantages of your preferred tool?
    • How do you manage dependencies in a Scala project?

• Describe a situation where you had to work closely with a team to solve a complex problem. How did you contribute, and what was the outcome?
    • How do you approach code reviews, and what role do they play in your development process?

• Have you worked on streaming or media-related projects before?
    • How do you ensure the reliability and scalability of a streaming service, and what challenges might arise in such an environment?

These questions should provide a good mix of Scala language knowledge, problem-solving abilities, and familiarity with relevant technologies for a Scala Developer role at Disney Streaming.

Baaa, did you attend their interview?

2 minutes ago, bharathicement said:

Baaa, did you attend their interview?

Ledu. Chat GPT :D 

Reviews rayalanna ... 

Business goals/Objectives/SMART goals pettalanna .. 

Annitiki ChatGPT nee ee madhya ..

• Sad 1

@bharathicement Try it sometime, you will be pleasantly shocked and surprised.

MSFT copilot ani vachindi. I am the pilot user at office. Man its very good for meetings and composing emails. Meeting notes ayithe next level. Even a seasoned PM cannot take that good notes. 

AI is taking over .... MSFT is the leader

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

@bharathicement Try it sometime, you will be pleasantly shocked and surprised.

MSFT copilot ani vachindi. I am the pilot user at office. Man its very good for meetings and composing emails. Meeting notes ayithe next level. Even a seasoned PM cannot take that good notes. 

AI is taking over .... MSFT is the leader

yeah, QA and Project Managament roles will be obsolete.

But I believe Coding roles will never be obsolete, its just that coding languages and platforms will change.

• Upvote 1