Do you teach your kids programming?

DJBravo

What are the other skills they can learn? Other than programming…

We dont have any other other skills atleast we want our kids to have other skills so they can survive without having to lose jobs or they might get bored easily…

Kids dont need programming . In future they should be able to communicate properly with AI and get the job done . So better teach them english and Math .. just my 2cents . 

Spend some quality fun time with kids vaa, they will learn eng n math from school..they hardly speak to us once they goto high school. My bro's son used to speak to us a lot but since he entered high school he hardly speaks to elders 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DJBravo said:

We dont have any other other skills atleast we want our kids to have other skills so they can survive without having to lose jobs or they might get bored easily…

I did not read this statement before. How old are your kids? If they are in middle school or higher ...

Are you looking for skills that would help your kids get a good job? - Let them get into a profession based on the subjects they like even if it means getting lesser salary

Are you looking for skills that would get them into jobs that are recession proof? - Defense and aeronautical engineering. 

You can also teach them to learn yoga and learn techniques to relieve from stress. No matter what you do, stress will be there in one form or other.

9 hours ago, DJBravo said:

First and the foremost: We should teach them how to manage the life. I would take them to busiest and narrow bazaars of Old city in Hyderabad and also to sea-facing private holiday homes in Greece.

Made them travel in General compartment of Coromondal express from Vijayawada to Chennai. 

The basic underlying principle: Need to survive the situations similar to Post war days, I show them how Germany was destroyed and how they lived from 1945-1955, how resilient they were, how determined they were to survive.

inkaa chaala vundhi.. slow gaa chebutha

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DJBravo said:

1. Financial discipline

2. Maintain sound health.

3. Get away from bad habits - NO COMPROMISE ON THIS

4. Sense of money management - if job market is dead, should be able to run a small convenience store or a corner shop.

5. Should be able to get up and finish daily rituals and get ready for work - even in the face of worst weather conditions.

6. Positive outlook and helping nature.

7. DO NOT under any circumstances - too lenient & submissive to anyone - at the same time caring for others around you.

When they learn all of these or some of these or any of these -- I am 100% sure they will survive even the war conditions.