Procrastination

trent

2 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

first thing....we cant change ourselves in a single day....

so ...i am practicing (actually failed many times and trying again n again...) "atomic habbits"...1% development...consistently...

dont look for immediate results..keep work for 1% of self development..just like compounding it may work one day... most of the people give up at "valley of disappointment"...but if we continue efforts...it will show some results...

The-Plateau-of-Latent-Potential-1.png?re

for full explanation...

Wow cool bro . Always want to read self help books but I think I don’t have time . But this video gave me some perspective. Thank you !! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JUST444FUN said:

I have a problem bro ..

Edina  course or learning new tech start cheste day and night kurchunta 

office work kuda peddaga cheyanu and family to kuda time spend cheyanu… finish eeyedaka.i will go up to finish a certificate or complete some sample project . i see this as more bad then good. 
inka 3-4 weeks family titlu mamulu ga unndvu.. kani I have a fear that I have stay up to the market. 
every year okay 6 weeks deeniki bali..

I have the same level of commitment .. not with courses.. but with new tv series on OTT.. start chesthe, complete ayyevaraku nidra pattadu 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

I have the same level of commitment .. not with courses.. but with new tv series on OTT.. start chesthe, complete ayyevaraku nidra pattadu 

Haha nakuda ee Maya Rogam undi 😂

5 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

Motivation ravalante 1. You must be desperate where survival instincts kick in and takes over.

2. Have Interest in what you are doing

3. Impact of Societal factors like "achievement", "status/peer pressure", "money", "fear"

Na observation prakaram we all fall into one or more of these categories.

For 1 we don't have control and who don't take things too seriously or bindas go with the flow types fall here. Unless there's a strong setback we don't take next step. Even if temporarily factor 3 takes over it'll subside in a few days and be back to inertia.

For 2 most Indian brought ups don't have it as we forced ourselves into careers we don't have natural force pushing us.

3 is what I have seen motivate lot of ”successful” desis depending on type of factor one is influenced by. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRayR2tYaYBBZvCeJnLrTo

31 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

Motivation ravalante 1. You must be desperate where survival instincts kick in and takes over.

3. Impact of Societal factors like "achievement", "status/peer pressure", "money", "fear"

For 1 we don't have control and who don't take things too seriously or bindas go with the flow types fall here. Unless there's a strong setback we don't take next step. Even if temporarily factor 3 takes over it'll subside in a few days and be back to inertia.

For 2 most Indian brought ups don't have it as we forced ourselves into careers we don't have natural force pushing us.

3 is what I have seen motivate lot of ”successful” desis depending on type of factor one is influenced by. 

I think once our basic desires fulfills (kind of point 1 here), we don't be that hungry to achieve that we plan/thought to...

What then takes over to achieve is any of the above 3...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, trent said:

How to over come this?

every weekend and week edo okati peekudam ani anukunta but reality lo edi jaragadam ledu.

konni IT skills nerchukovali but em start cheyaledu from few months.

Most of the time we procastinate, because its not important. Even if its important, its not apt for situation. For e.g. Skills. Upskilling is important. We all recognize it. But since you got a job now, you procastinate. Coz its not urgent or not needed now. However if you lose a job, there is fire under your ass and you upskill right away. 

So may be revisit your priorities. It may not be as important as you think. Or just let it go. You know you will prioritize it properly when the time is right

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

You said it way better than I could articulate it ... + 100000000+

7 hours ago, trent said:

How to over come this?

every weekend and week edo okati peekudam ani anukunta but reality lo edi jaragadam ledu.

konni IT skills nerchukovali but em start cheyaledu from few months.

Asalu problem enti .. why u r plan is getting failed..?

5 hours ago, Joker_007 said:

Asalu problem enti .. why u r plan is getting failed..?

Too Lazy. Edanna reading or coding cheddam anukunte kurchoni cheyabuddi kadu. Bed meda padukoni laptop meda vesukoni ithe Kasepu work chestha. 

and na procrastinating of thing ela vuntadi ante. Right now in my mobile browser there are around 30 opened pages from few months regarding new skills, personal development etc etc. when I see something new or something I open that page and thinking of go through it sometime later.

even I do not pay my bills on time, coz of that I pay around min a thousand to two thousand fines and interests every year. Recently some bills I set it pre authorized.

evey month paying gym membership like $80 but not going. Last 2 months I didn’t go single day but still paid the fee even though I have a free freeze option.

I keep postponing to check my binance account from more than a year. Stock acs I am not checking frequently. 

have to work on a business setup in India but that too postpone chestunna.

ila cheppukuntu pothe chala vunnay.

so this is high time. Now or never stage ki vacha. Appude 35 yrs vachay.

out of all these e Db matram daily 10 times open chestha. Ade emanna web series ithe nidra manukoni mari complete chestha.

as recommended by dasari uncle , a atomic habits chadiva couple of months back but after that oka 2 weeks konni progress chesa but again back to zero.

3 hours ago, trent said:

Too Lazy. Edanna reading or coding cheddam anukunte kurchoni cheyabuddi kadu. Bed meda padukoni laptop meda vesukoni ithe Kasepu work chestha. 

and na procrastinating of thing ela vuntadi ante. Right now in my mobile browser there are around 30 opened pages from few months regarding new skills, personal development etc etc. when I see something new or something I open that page and thinking of go through it sometime later.

even I do not pay my bills on time, coz of that I pay around min a thousand to two thousand fines and interests every year. Recently some bills I set it pre authorized.

evey month paying gym membership like $80 but not going. Last 2 months I didn’t go single day but still paid the fee even though I have a free freeze option.

I keep postponing to check my binance account from more than a year. Stock acs I am not checking frequently. 

out of all these e Db matram daily 10 times open chestha. Ade emanna web series ithe nidra manukoni mari complete chestha.

as recommended by dasari uncle , a atomic habits chadiva couple of months back but after that oka 2 weeks konni progress chesa but again back to zero.

just felt like I am reading my mind right here.... 

Dont try to do too many things in 1 day.

1 day gym (

2nd day check bills

3rd day start doing some work training

4th day do your business setup

so that you are not exhausted and get brain fatigued. 

are you single? family? kids?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, trent said:

You can do a couple of things - 

• Prioritization - Prioritize what's most important to you. Instead of trying to fix everything, focus on 1 at a time. Put a target and complete by that date. Pick the one that's bothering the most. Keep an account of how you are doing your targets. 
  • Delegation - Some of the tasks you can delegate to your wife. Put together a Google Sheet with all username and passwords. Use fields like
    • Type - Utility, Credit Card, bank acc, etc,
    • Username, Password
    • Password Last changed date
    • Security Answers, 
    • Auto Pay - On or off
    • Auto Pay account. 
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, trent said:

bro, I feel you

If there is a ranking for procrastination/laziness I would definitely be in the top like you

For bills, I feel this is too much work, so I usually have one or two credit cards with auto pay for all these utility bills which give me 5% cashback, I subscribe to notifications so I get messages if something goes wrong, you should try this too

gym is tough bro, last year nenu kuda vella ledu, going everyday is difficult for me, so trying for 2-3 days/week this year

gym so far its not going very well, went only 7-8 times this year as I was sick for a couple of weeks and lazy the remaining times, feeling bad now, will try to go today and resume it

why is it 80$ bro, even decent gyms charge only 40$-50$ mostly, super high fi gym ki veltunnava endi?

also get your vitamin d and b12 levels checked, avi less unte you will really lazy and will find it tough to even do the most basic of tasks, couch lo undi tv choodali ani untundi 

agree with thoughts in this thread, once we reach a certain stage and are comfortable in life its very challenging to get rid of laziness, you no longer have the will to 'excel'

wife, kids, job, tv, events and meetups, veetithone most weekdays and weekends gone

weekends vasthe you feel tired and no energy left to do anything else