Friend in trouble

Whaat

Dear Friends, One of my friend was traveling to UK via Dubai. Unfortunately he was carrying a packet of Khas Khas which is a commonly used spice in some Indian curries and sweets. Khas Khas is also known as poppy seed which can be sprouted to grow narcotics (afeem etc.). This innocent person did not know that recently the laws in UAE and other Gulf countries have been revised and carrying Khas Khas is punishable with minimum 20 years of imprisonment or even worse with death penalty . Currently, the person is in a jail in Dubai for the last two weeks. His friends are frantically trying hard for his release but are finding that this has become a very very serious case. Lawyers are asking huge fees amounting to AED 100,000 even to appear in the court to plead for his innocence.Please forward this email to all you know specially in India They should know the seriousness of this matter and should never ever carry even minutest quantities of the following items when traveling to Gulf countries:1. Khas Khas whether raw, roasted or cooked.2. Paan3. Beetle nut (supari and its products, e.g. Paan Parag etc.). The penalties here are very severe and it could destroy the life of an innocent person.
I appeal to you to create the awareness by forwarding this message to all you know.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Whaat said:

Dear Friends, One of my friend was traveling to UK via Dubai. Unfortunately he was carrying a packet of Khas Khas which is a commonly used spice in some Indian curries and sweets. Khas Khas is also known as poppy seed which can be sprouted to grow narcotics (afeem etc.). This innocent person did not know that recently the laws in UAE and other Gulf countries have been revised and carrying Khas Khas is punishable with minimum 20 years of imprisonment or even worse with death penalty . Currently, the person is in a jail in Dubai for the last two weeks. His friends are frantically trying hard for his release but are finding that this has become a very very serious case. Lawyers are asking huge fees amounting to AED 100,000 even to appear in the court to plead for his innocence.Please forward this email to all you know specially in India They should know the seriousness of this matter and should never ever carry even minutest quantities of the following items when traveling to Gulf countries:1. Khas Khas whether raw, roasted or cooked.2. Paan3. Beetle nut (supari and its products, e.g. Paan Parag etc.). The penalties here are very severe and it could destroy the life of an innocent person.
I appeal to you to create the awareness by forwarding this message to all you know.

Why they have to check his checkin if he is travelling to UK. fake post…

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Whaat said:

UK velle Luggage ni Dubai lo enduku check chestaru vaa...

27 minutes ago, Joker_007 said:

This is a true case .. happened sometime back ... Do not take poppy seeds in your luggage esp if you are travelling via middle east. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

This is a true case .. happened sometime back ... Do not take poppy seeds in your luggage esp if you are travelling via middle east. 

How and why they have to check the checkin baggage in trasit? not nammable...I recently travelled via Qatar. No issue..I believe Qatar is in middle east :)

I am not sure what really happened. May be that person was trying to carry it via carry on. or If you take Ethihad for example, they check luggage in their country. A simple google search shows these results

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/uae-visa/never-do-these-10-things-in-uae/articleshow/94155755.cms?from=mdr

https://easymovekw.com/the-items-you-will-not-be-able-to-bring-into-qatar/#!/

1 hour ago, Joker_007 said:

1 hour ago, rako said:

How and why they have to check the checkin baggage in trasit? not nammable...I recently travelled via Qatar. No issue..I believe Qatar is in middle east :)

Cheapest  ticket option teeskunte, diff airlines where you have to recheck in transit option istaru….

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, sarfaroshi2 said:

Cheapest  ticket option teeskunte, diff airlines where you have to recheck in transit option istaru….

Never would you get your luggage during transit unless you ask for check-in until a transit location. There is a reason they are "partner" airlines.

If this really happened, he must have carried poppy seeds in hand baggage.

i remember back in 2014 or 17, I had aunties carry onions in their purse bags. Garlic and pappu in their hand bags. Seattle lo vaallani pattukunnaru. Flight antha tappinchukundi. I was so tempted to argue for them. Mana vallani target chestaru. Ade Italy nundi vache cheese, herbs, and truffles ni vadilestaru.

2 hours ago, Joker_007 said:

dubai lo terminal 2 nunchi terminal 1 ki vellalsi osthey they'll scan your carryon bags and other belongings in between, usually fly dubai is cheaper than emirates if you're booking it from India and many people do this ( fly dubai flights use terminal 2 for all their operations ), this case seems legit to me 

2 hours ago, Joker_007 said:

dubai lo terminal 2 nunchi terminal 1 ki vellalsi osthey they'll scan your carryon bags and other belongings in between, usually fly dubai is cheaper than emirates if you're booking it from India and many people do this ( fly dubai flights use terminal 2 for all their operations ), this case seems legit to me 

1 hour ago, rapchik123 said:

Same way they scan Che in luggage’s also 

8 hours ago, rako said:

it was in 2018.... unless i am time travelling :)

I mentioned a story in past and @Joker_007 gave the link to the story. 
so yes the story is from the past 😊