Indian Govt introduces CAA: CAA: Citizenship, Visas, Refugees & Muslims, Modi Govt’s New Law of the Land Explained

Spartan

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

As Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party government announced the implementation of the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) on Monday, the law is back in discussion. 

The Central government passed the Citizenship (Amendment) Act in Parliament in 2019. The purpose of this bill is to give Indian citizenship to refugees of six communities (Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists and Parsis), who have come from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. It had led to protest over the exclusion of Muslims.

The CAA was an integral part of the BJP’s manifesto for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Union Home Minister Amit Shah had last month said that the CAA would be implemented before the Lok Sabha elections this year.

Here’s the government’s response to all questions that were raised when the CAA was introduced:

What is the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA)?

The law does not deprive anyone of citizenship nor does it grant citizenship to anyone. It merely modifies the category of people who can apply (for citizenship). It does this by exempting the applicants from the definition of “illegal migrant" – any person who belongs to the Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi or Christian community and is from Afghanistan, Bangladesh or Pakistan, who has entered India on or before the 31st day of December, 2014, and who has been exempted by the Central Government or the Foreigners Act, under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 3 of the Passport (Entry into India) Act, 1920, or the provisions of 1946 or under any rule.

The legal framework for this exemption is found in two notifications issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs in 2015.

In effect, this notification exempts only those Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis or Christians, from Afghanistan, Bangladesh or Pakistan, who have come to India before December 31, 2014, due to fear of religious persecution.

@Mancode @Raisins_72

bongule...idhi lekundaney bochadu muslims india lo happy ga living...e law vachina happy ga live chesthaaru....already chala mandhi adhar card kuda thisukunnaaru....thokka lo law..time pass law

this law invites morre people from other bakwas countries.

37 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

simple words ikkada naa G kalutunte pakkondiki burnol ela ista ani illlegals ki against ga vutnaru. 

isn't this hypocrisy at it's best. Home country lo policy ni support chesi similar policy ni migrate aina country lo reject cheyyadam. All the support is just because muslims are excluded? Doesn't make any sense at all. Ikkada Citizens criticize chesthe okay but non citizens like us have no right to decide

17 minutes ago, Raisins_72 said:

Legal docs black market lo Panchi pettaru ? - are you again Absolutely sure 😃😃 ??

nenu raasidanta chaduvu, please don't cherry pick points to suit your narrative

if you can, please answer this question. CAA applicable people anta legal ga ochara India ki?

1 minute ago, shaktimaan said:

isn't this hypocrisy at it's best. Home country lo policy ni support chesi similar policy ni migrate aina country lo reject cheyyadam. All the support is just because muslims are excluded? Doesn't make any sense at all. Citizens criticize chesthe okay but non citizens like us have no right to decide

hypocrisy endi anna; 

basically comparison cheyalemu ani naa yokka idi. 

Nenu masters chesi opt cpt antu H1 paina GC raka nana sankalu nakutunte; evadoo wall jump chesi EAD techchukoni enjoy cheste G lo kalada ani H1 uncles asking ? 

for bold: CAA is for ppl who are religiously persecuted in countries like afghanistan and pakistan etc. CAA as law doesn't think muslims being majority are persecuted there. 

ala chala ostayi list lo. 

5 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

for bold: CAA is for ppl who are religiously persecuted in countries like afghanistan and pakistan etc. CAA as law doesn't think muslims being majority are persecuted there.

persecution anedi ekkadaina untadi irrespective of the faith, most people migrate to other countries for a better life not to blow it up or terrorize

1 minute ago, shaktimaan said:

persecution anedi ekkadaina untadi irrespective of the faith, most people migrate to other countries for a better life not to blow it up or terrorize

avunu bro 

wall jumpers ki kuda legal frame work ivvamanu; edo bus la lo esi new york or roxham borders la daggara odili petti they are on your own ani ante ela ani. 

12 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

nenu raasidanta chaduvu, please don't cherry pick points to suit your narrative

if you can, please answer this question. CAA applicable people anta legal ga ochara India ki?

Cherry pick emundhi, nuvvu adigina question ye Nenu vesina 😃

CAA applicable ppl - Adhey ga ba Nenu cheppedhi, legal ga raandi ani, I didn’t get you honestly, so ippati dhaaka legal ga raaledhu kaabatti future lo kuda Adhey continue cheyaali antunnaava 😇😇😇 

26 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

isn't this hypocrisy at it's best. Home country lo policy ni support chesi similar policy ni migrate aina country lo reject cheyyadam. All the support is just because muslims are excluded? Doesn't make any sense at all. Citizens criticize chesthe okay but non citizens like us have no right to decide

Same question, all the oppose you make is just bcoz Muslims are excluded ? 

ilaaga chesthey Cherry picking bro - just fyi 😃

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

avunu bro 

wall jumpers ki kuda legal frame work ivvamanu; edo bus la lo esi new york or roxham borders la daggara odili petti they are on your own ani ante ela ani. 

I don't know how other states are handling it but I will talk about CO. TX governor sent thousands of people to CO. Colorado springs rejected them and they were sent to Denver. Denver mayor started many rehabilitation programs to house and feed them on a humanitarian basis. Children are being enrolled in schools, some local people are obviously against it but most are supportive. They are not left out on the streets as conservatives claim, they are being helped to find employment and housing. You can find all this with a quick search

12 minutes ago, Raisins_72 said:

Cherry pick emundhi, nuvvu adigina question ye Nenu vesina 😃

CAA applicable ppl - Adhey ga ba Nenu cheppedhi, legal ga raandi ani, I didn’t get you honestly, so ippati dhaaka legal ga raaledhu kaabatti future lo kuda Adhey continue cheyaali antunnaava 😇😇😇 

lite teesko, you and me are not on the same page

I don't think you'll understand what i'm saying

2 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

I don't know how other states are handling it but I will talk about CO. TX governor sent thousands of people to CO. Colorado springs rejected them and they were sent to Denver. Denver mayor started many rehabilitation programs to house and feed them on a humanitarian basis. Children are being enrolled in schools, some local people are obviously against it but most are supportive. They are not left out on the streets as conservatives claim, they are being helped to find employment and housing. You can find all this with a quick search

bold-- this is cherry picking uncle; isn't that crisis should be address as a nation ?

denver mayor will also be exhausted with resources soon. 

solutions ni evaru question cheyaru uncle; problems ni adugutharu; 

while immigration is a federal issue; President is doing little to address this issue. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

bold-- this is cherry picking uncle; isn't that crisis should be address as a nation ?

denver mayor will also be exhausted with resources soon. 

solutions ni evaru question cheyaru uncle; problems ni adugutharu; 

while immigration is a federal issue; President is doing little to address this issue. 

lol, I mentioned CO because I live here

I agree it's a nationwide issue and CO is responding in a humanitarian way unlike TX. That's the whole point of my comment

13 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

lol, I mentioned CO because I live here

I agree it's a nationwide issue and CO is responding in a humanitarian way unlike TX. That's the whole point of my comment

Texas ki kotha muchata kaadu migrant crisis; humanitarian way lo response ayye laga eppudoo datesindii texas; CO/denver border city or state kaadu kabatti they behave humanitarian way. 

4 hours ago, bhaigan said:

Deeni valla origedi emi ledu peekedi em ledu

Modi government survives on daily basis headlines management.

Diversion Tactics by BJP/RSS

Sanghi gallu sanka lu guddukuntunaru

Arey lambdi kodaka dengeyyyy ra.. ee cut mirchi galla m*dda kuduv

• Haha 1