UPSC waste of time

Pavanonline

I agree with this statement, before watching 12th fail I never knew there's so much prep that goes on. My thought was why a broad exam to select people for services that are vastly different. Does it help police officer learn so much?

It's reminiscent of our intermediate and partly btech learning which is so much waste of time.

UPSC is a waste of time. Large parts of bureaucracy are dull and boring': PM-EAC member Sanjeev Sanyal

1 minute ago, Pavanonline said:

Does it help police officer learn so much?

You don't need UPSC to become a police officer. 

I am waiting for that day when the scams that happen with UPSC come out. Kontha mandi influential officers, vaalla kids ni select ayyela cheyadaniki, merit candidates marks sheet meeda peru marpistaru.

1 minute ago, Jatka Bandi said:

You don't need UPSC to become a police officer. 

But I believe only they are eligible for higher posts, anyway that's not the point of this discussion.

4 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

But I believe only they are eligible for higher posts, anyway that's not the point of this discussion.

You are right. Only IPS officers can go for positions higher than SP/DCP.

Whole UPSC concept is left over system from British days. They want some of their people controlling everything in India. So they introduced ICS, after independence we are blindly following it. I don't understand how come rote learning of Indian History and Anthropology (or any such crap) makes one good administrator.