Why BSNL became a loss making PSU ?

bhaigan

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

Twitter Lo tweets erukovadame na leka burra vadadam emana vunda ?

po ra diversion artist halwa

I knew you very well

2 minutes ago, bhaigan said:

po ra diversion artist halwa

I knew you very well

Kaka…enjoy the song…Kareena Kapoor..kadak maal

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Kaka…enjoy the song…Kareena Kapoor..kadak maal

Ante ippudu meaning we to ippudu ma @bhaigan ki Gajulu todokonni cry chese vesdhava ani ni meaning 

Jagratta halwa ma @bhaigan ni emanna ante ….. Vurukunedi ledu 

• Haha 1

When was last time BSNL made profit? That was in 2008-09 FY.

What changed for BSNL in 2008? There was 2G spectrum allocation happened in 2007. Which gave undue advantage to few private companies.

Data source : https://www.thehindu.com/data/data-how-bsnl-bled-the-story-behind-public-telecom-giants-fall-in-6-charts/article65758495.ece (sorry for news paper article. I don't depend on reliable information source X like OP)

21 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am curious…whats the verdict of this scam..?

Court made it's decision that it is legal. I am not discussing the merits of 2g scam in legal sense or calling it scam. That's why it is in parenthesis - lower importance.

My point is how 2g spectrum allocation impacted BSNL profitability.

Edited my post to take out scam part.

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

BSNL played a major role in nation building back in days…

now we have everything wireless…but back in days BSNL made sure the wire connectivity to every corner of the country…

my father was retired BSNL employee who started his career as lineman…in my childhood in my house i frequently see the telephone wire bundles and old telephone parts…for me BSNL is a sentiment.

Then you know better than most of us. It is systemic suppression of BSNL in favor of private companies started around 2007 - with denying the tenders for extensions, restricting BSNL from buying Chinese equipment, allowing private companies to piggy back on BSNL infra without paying much. That's continuing till date. I guess, Eventually BSNL will be privatized.

But allowing and thriving private companies in Indian telecom accelerated digital revolution. I think net effect is positive. BSNL dieing is side effect of it. 

I remember from my friend in telecom told me. That when BNSL going for 2g the government had restriction for BSNL to get devices from local production during that time there are no providers in India to support them. Then entered the private players getting support from foreign countries to get devices for 2g from outside ,that is where back fall started for BSNL

5 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am curious…whats the verdict of this scam..?

licenses were cancelled by SC as it has seen it as incorrect way to allocate licenses

Electoral Bonds cancelled by SC is a scam by BJP?? even if  all parties benefited by it, but 2G licenses cancelled by SC is not a scam

Chidambaram and MMS has enough time to cover up the scams, ED/CBI was not allowed to prosecute the criminals resulting in OP saini letting all the crooks get off the hook

so much for rational mind @3$%

2 hours ago, Pavanonline said:

Because it's run by govt?

run by govt and also an element of having a service even if it means no profit to provide coverage in non profitable areas where private player do not have incentive to operate 

add the national security element too