Indian techie gets US Green Card after 9-year wait, slams H-1B system

kevinUsa

An Indian techie got a US Green Card, which allows permanent residency, after 9 years of wait. He explained how the H-1B visa system was difficult and caused problems for skilled workers. The person deleted the post after the issue "blew up". A million Indians are stuck in the Green Card backlog.

Just now, kevinUsa said:

An Indian techie got a US Green Card, which allows permanent residency, after 9 years of wait. He explained how the H-1B visa system was difficult and caused problems for skilled workers. The person deleted the post after the issue "blew up". A million Indians are stuck in the Green Card backlog.

In Short

An Indian techie got permanent residency after a 9-year wait

Thousands of Indian engineers and researchers working in the US without Green Cards

Over 1.2 million Indians waiting for Green Card and backlog will reach 2.1 million by 2030

An Indian-origin techie took to X (formerly Twitter) to share his harrowing experience of obtaining a Green Card after living in the US for over nine years. He highlighted the drawbacks of the H-1B visa system, describing it as "incredibly restrictive". The Indian techie's case is among hundreds of thousands of highly skilled professionals from India who are facing extremely long wait times, potentially decades, to gain permanent residency in the United States.

The techie, who works with an internet giant, explained his Green Card ordeal in a long chain of posts after getting permanent residency status after a wait of 3,505 days.

address this, but it has remained a pipe dream. If America hopes to continue attracting the best talent in the world, it should first take a good look at how it treats the talent it already has," the Indian-origin techie wrote on X.

When the Indian techie broke the news that he got the green card, many X users asked him how he obtained permanent residency in just nine years, considering there is typically a decade-long wait.

"People have been asking me how I got it in 9 years if the wait is decades long. I applied under the EB1 category, which is a little bit faster. But that's beside the point. It's inhumane to keep people in a state of limbo for decades regardless of visa category," he said.

The right wing also trolled "asking why he left India".

"So many right-wing troll accounts asking why I left India. I left India for better education and employment opportunities. I love what I do, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat," wrote Indian techie on X.

Indian techie receives US Green Card after a 9-year wait, criticizes the H-1B visa system

• An Indian tech worker who obtained a US Green Card after a protracted 9-year wait took to social media to express his dissatisfaction with the H-1B visa program, describing it as a challenging and problematic system for skilled workers seeking permanent residency in the United States.

• The individual, who later deleted the post due to the significant attention it garnered, highlighted the plight of approximately one million Indian nationals who currently find themselves entangled in the Green Card backlog, facing extended waiting periods and uncertainties regarding their immigration status.

41 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

Why post deleted ra antha attention vacahaka ? Manchidhe ga attention vasthe issue ki ?? 

Just 9 years ante, one of the lucky guys cheppalante, inkaa enti noppi vayya.

vaadi PD tharuvatha valla deggara oka paali e frustration chupinchamanu, valla frustration chupistharu saati waiting list desi lu, pani lo pani ga saati desi ki gc ochesindhi anna digest cheskoleka, kadupu manta kuda bayatiki chupistharu 

gallery_24383_13_2741403.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sucker said:

Why post deleted ra antha attention vacahaka ? Manchidhe ga attention vasthe issue ki ?? 

vadini baga d*ngi vuntaru; 

Desi in IT and EB1 category ante telsu gaa; 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

vaadi PD tharuvatha valla deggara oka paali e frustration chupinchamanu, valla frustration chupistharu saati waiting list desi lu, pani lo pani ga saati desi ki gc ochesindhi anna digest cheskoleka, kadupu manta kuda bayatiki chupistharu 

just 9 yrs lo GC ante cognizant play book vaadi vuntadu. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

vadini baga d*ngi vuntaru; 

Desi in IT and EB1 category ante telsu gaa; 

Vacahaka ee groups nundi jump kottali inni days adhe lolli vachaka malli akkada lolli na. 1st Gen aithe rod ne Vomerica especially EB India inka Kids India born and h4 aite vaammo fafam. 

40 minutes ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

some 2014 PD folks got in in 8 years in 2022 

• Upvote 1