Handling conflict

Konebhar6

3 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Why do you think so? I have no issues with wife or inlaws. What made you think so. Most of my topics are general. Not politically motivated. 

Did not expect this from you. 

Its a general topic. This is what I see when I see posts in this DB. No arguments, just name calling, abuses, etc. 

Even at office, too many conflicts between desis. Fight like pigs for silly issues, push their problems on others, bad body language (ugipovatam) when others oppose to their views, etc.  

if u think there are conflicts only between desis, ur totally wrong my friend. Mana desi gallu status or some other compulsion ki okka point reach ayyaka thaggutharu. Thellolla conflicts nuvvu eppudu choodaledhu anukunta. Evaro okkaru resign chesevaraku vadalaru.

7 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Why do you think so? I have no issues with wife or inlaws. What made you think so. Most of my topics are general. Not politically motivated. 

Did not expect this from you. 

Its a general topic. This is what I see when I see posts in this DB. No arguments, just name calling, abuses, etc. 

Even at office, too many conflicts between desis. Fight like pigs for silly issues, push their problems on others, bad body language (ugipovatam) when others oppose to their views, etc.  

just pulling your legs uncle.. take it easy.. 😄

I kinda understand what you are saying.. people have no patience nowadays.. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vaaaampire said:

if u think there are conflicts only between desis, ur totally wrong my friend. Mana desi gallu status or some other compulsion ki okka point reach ayyaka thaggutharu. Thellolla conflicts nuvvu eppudu choodaledhu anukunta. Evaro okkaru resign chesevaraku vadalaru.

My topic is not about having conflicts. Conflicts are everywhere. Its about handling them properly with out losing balance. Agree with work place politics and tellollu. 

My point is handling it properly. Desis lose their balance, show bad body language, abusive or try to disrespect others. 

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

My topic is not about having conflicts. Conflicts are everywhere. Its about handling them properly with out losing balance. Agree with work place politics and tellollu. 

My point is handling it properly. Desis lose their balance, show bad body language, abusive or try to disrespect others. 

My point is its universal. Plz stop attributing it with desi tag.

6 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

I disagree. Conflict is universal - Absolutely agree. Our way of handling conflict is bad.

Of course there are people who handle it better as well. But I am talking majority. 

I have been on many discussion forums where there is decent conversations between people. Yahoo Finance, Redditt comes to mind. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

Agree.. we are fairly decent when handling conflicts at least in the U.S.. ikkada andaru kottukovadam or shooting.. 

11 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

I disagree. Conflict is universal - Absolutely agree. Our way of handling conflict is bad.

Of course there are people who handle it better as well. But I am talking majority. 

I have been on many discussion forums where there is decent conversations between people. Yahoo Finance, Redditt comes to mind. 

in our culture everyone is "thope" since childhood. It's ingrained by families and you see it in kids from an early stage. No sense of constructive criticism, I see this in a lot of Indian coworkers. Majority of us are emotional and sentimental, they don't think in a practical sense which leads to their fragile ego being ruptured and eventually retort to what you're talking about. I think it's animal instinct, which a lot of people have a hard time to overcome

• Upvote 1

One example in recent times. 

We were given time slots to replace old work phones with new. This guy who is in PMO showed up and after few mins, started shouting on people (some technicians from AT&T and some our company employees). Do you know how important I am & how much valuable my time is? I am working on a top project and my time is critical. I took him aside and asked what happened. 

He says as part of migration (from old phone to new) he gave a passcode and does not remember it now. The technicians are not able to retrieve or have a solution for it. Started shouting and making a scene. Technicians handled him very well. Answered his questions in a civil manner and when he was saying abt his important and time getting wasted, they reminded he is being paid by the company for his time. They finally gave a resolution to him and it was sorted, but the whole time his behavior was uncivil. 

Another Example - I play this online cards game with virtual money called Octra Indian Rummy. Its a timepass game while on treadmill. Its very normal for most users to say "Maa/Behen" gaalis. Just like that. No provocation or anything. If they don't get the right card, they hurl abuses at people. Again its not even real money. 

2 hours ago, perugu_vada said:

conflict lafda laskor lanti panchaayithee la ki dhuuram aipoya uncle nenu .. ah laddu lo gola kanna. . multiple jobs cheskuni .. trips ki pothe best .. ipudu unna IT ye pedda bogus .. 

Meme Templates - Entha tiskunav? How much ...

shopping trips ee kada details cheppu 

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

Respect others opinions. 

Agree to disagree approach. 

Put your points with out bad body language. Don't get impatient, or shout.

Have a healthy debate, you cant impose your views on others nor can others on you. 

There is no right or wrong. Only perspectives. I am correct, you are wrong attitude is the culprit most times.

99.99% of DB members are exactly opposite of what you mentioned. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

Reddit ante okati notice chesa; would like to tell on incident ni_bonda ani vuntundi andulo flex kosam ama chesadu nenu FIRE, traveled to so many countries, discussions lo istam ochchinattu matladutunde endii veedi katha ani chusina, vaadi comment and post history lo other reddit groups lo he was so civil, edo data engineering sub lo vaadu career suggestions adugutu salary pettadu one comment why mentioned salary here flexing aa ani vaadu apologetic tone lo vellipoyadu. 

Reddit in particular-- desis vunte sub lo civil discussions ee kanipinchav.