The Essence Restraurant, Livermore

Konebhar6

We went to this restaurant yesterday for team lunch. Huge place, ambience is the best I have seen in US for an Indian restaurant. 

Food sucks though. I understand they Americanized the menu. But we ordered Carrot halwa and they served spoiled one. We asked them to taste it, they did not charge for it. But very disappointed in food. Rest of the food is bland, tasteless. Rating for the restaurant is 4.5. I will give it 0.5

@csrcsr @Spartan

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

We went to this restaurant yesterday for team lunch. Huge place, ambience is the best I have seen in US for an Indian restaurant. 

Food sucks though. I understand they Americanized the menu. But we ordered Carrot halwa and they served spoiled one. We asked them to taste it, they did not charge for it. But very disappointed in food. Rest of the food is bland, tasteless. Rating for the restaurant is 4.5. I will give it 0.5

@csrcsr @Spartan

too expensive for that food quality anna it was supposed to be yellow chilli sanjeev kapoors chain some legal issues tho they rebranded , i heard tajmahal near outlests has better ambience same northinidianish pricy

3 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

too expensive for that food quality anna it was supposed to be yellow chilli sanjeev kapoors chain some legal issues tho they rebranded , i heard tajmahal near outlests has better ambience same northinidianish pricy

I have been to Yellow Chilli. Expensive but food quality and taste is really good. Here food is horrible, both quality and taste. I was tempted to go to Biryaniz in the same complex, but it was team lunch :D

The essence has a branch in Walnut creek but smaller. 

• Haha 1

Nak e logic ardam kadanna India lo galli restaurant lo kuda entho kontha tasty ga untadi kani US lo manchi restaurants lo kuda worst. Some of my friends started Indian restaurants and even they don’t want to answer this question. 

1 hour ago, Skn_benami said:

Nak e logic ardam kadanna India lo galli restaurant lo kuda entho kontha tasty ga untadi kani US lo manchi restaurants lo kuda worst. Some of my friends started Indian restaurants and even they don’t want to answer this question. 

Vegetables, tamotoes/onions/chili taste different. So Indian taste eppatiki raadu. Chicken is also different. Too much water in it. Sodium content ekkuva to retain water for weight. That's why compare 1/2 kg chicken and 1 pound chicken qty in India and USA, Qty in India is much more as water content is less. 

The best Indian food I ate, is outside india. Paris/UK/Budapest and Singapore. I was surprised at the quality and taste of food there. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Taj Mahal ani okatundani kuda teleedu. Will give it a try.

Most of the time, its Take out for us. Get food and watch something on TV. No desire to Dine-in :D after covid. 

Any other good restaurants in the area that opened recently? 

4 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Taj Mahal ani okatundani kuda teleedu. Will give it a try.

Most of the time, its Take out for us. Get food and watch something on TV. No desire to Dine-in :D after covid. 

Any other good restaurants in the area that opened recently? 

nah never constitent all hit and miss 

some said green bawarchi food truck at mountainoue that is also hit and miss 

and hearing Deccan morsel (Fremont it was hit for Irani chai and rumble roti) is coming to tracy / mountain house

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ARYA said:

Ilage san ramon lo oka posh Indian restaurant untundi adi kuda taste worst

Which one?

2 minutes ago, ARYA said:

Ilage san ramon lo oka posh Indian restaurant untundi adi kuda taste worst

U mean Hotspot?

4 minutes ago, ARYA said:

Hautespaaat ade 🤪Garlic tho dessert anta vaadi bonda

haha .. Never went there.  Manam restaurant ki povalante mukka undali .. Veg restaurant ki em potham :D I did not hear good reviews about food from my veggie friends. 

Pleasanton lo Aha lepesi ippudu palnadu something pettinattunnadu evo rendu dishes try chesa konchem bhimavaram ruchulu style anipinchindhi...ok taste mari aa rendu dishes ayithe