single income uncles .. asalu emaina savings vuntaya meeku ? 

i_sudigadu

9 minutes ago, gudboy said:

if you guys are wasting years and years without saving it is better to go back to india..

life in US will get tougher as it goes if you do not have any savings. 

Ala back velthe pakkinotllu chuttalu vadhuluthara anna asal okka family gathering kuda polenu. Ikkada oka poota annam maanestha kaani nenu Ind aithe asal ponu 

2 hours ago, Sucker said:

Every single paycheck adhe kadha anna. Thappadhu. Nee venaka lands aasthulu from thatha ayya lekunte then you are bound to labor. Sorry but reality. You can't escape form this chit for this life anna. 

Chusthunna, anni chusthunna… 

Vichalavidiga sampaadhinchesaav , ennaiana chebuthaav ani maa laanti poor ppl manobhavana 😉😉

Just now, Raisins_72 said:

Vichalavidiga sampaadhinchesaav , ennaiana chebuthaav ani maa laanti poor ppl manobhavana 😉😉

Adhi oka emotion, ammai ni yethukoku 😃😃

2 hours ago, i_sudigadu said:

Only yearly savings I am able to manage is the irs tax credit I receive for my kids after tax filings .. every month paycheck to paycheck with 0 savings 
brahmi-bramhi.gif

I am single Income (by choice) and we do have decent savings. Some things you can do  like ...

Short term options (Realistic)

• Analyze your Income/Expenses and see where you can cut down your expenses
  • Reduce outside food, happy hour, etc. and start eating at home more.
  • Consolidate Netflix/Amazon Prime/Disney Hotstar, Cable, etc. Get rid of subscriptions you don't use or use less
  • If you don't use car much (remote work), Reduce your auto insurance bill by increasing deductibles.
  • Forced savings - Direct Deposit some amount every month into a separate account which you wont touch and try to manage with money from other account
  • Look for jobs with your skill set and see if you can find an opportunity with better salary
  • Look for moving to a city with cheaper expenses if possible.

Long term options

• Upskill and look for better opportunities and career growth
  • Find ways to generate more income. May be partner with others and Invest in a business.
  • Invest in stocks (only quality ones - Blue Caps)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, gudboy said:

if you guys are wasting years and years without saving it is better to go back to india..

life in US will get tougher as it goes if you do not have any savings. 

Agreed.

after your kids are settled if you don’t have a steady income of 5K life it is impossible to live in US.

given how tech employment is evolving I don’t think we can compete in the job market in 50s and 60s. 

buy a house (even a 2 bhk apt is fine) and make sure you have enough to generate a 1 lakh passive income.

2 minutes ago, Raisins_72 said:

Did I say wrong, anna ? 

1 minute ago, Sucker said:

Did I say wrong, anna ? 

You didn’t say anything wrong but nuvvu chebitheney wrong ani @csrcsr & @r2d2 comedy comedy chesi navvukuntunnaaru 😂😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sucker said:

Ala back velthe pakkinotllu chuttalu vadhuluthara anna asal okka family gathering kuda polenu. Ikkada oka poota annam maanestha kaani nenu Ind aithe asal ponu 

G meeda tannali alanti chuttalni.

i know a guy in US who lost his father in India, relatives veskunnaru baga.. em labham us lo undi.. when you don’t see your parents for last time etc…

fast forward that relative’s kid came to US and he is reached out to this guy to help settle his kid in US.

1 minute ago, Raisins_72 said:

You didn’t say anything wrong but nuvvu chebitheney wrong ani @csrcsr & @r2d2 comedy comedy chesi navvukuntunnaaru 😂😂

Poor ante comedy ayyindhi neeku both hands la earning malli na meedha be meeru 

2 minutes ago, Sucker said:

Did I say wrong, anna ? 

2 minutes ago, Raisins_72 said:

Ayinaki endi anna poduna autos pampistadu evening vasulu chestadu day antha manalani sava dobbutadu

With kids, hard to save anything with single income. That is the reality of US. India is much better given the good packages now. 

2 hours ago, andhrabullet said:

every insurance price up..20-30% hike

salary hike - 2-3%

Ila aithe life long monthly job cheyyali 

Dommari lanjaakodukuluu

costco ki pothey 300 aithundi ishtam vachinattu prices hike cheysi dhengaru

saalries deggara em imporvement ledu

2 minutes ago, tables said:

G meeda tannali alanti chuttalni.

i know a guy in US who lost his father in India, relatives veskunnaru baga.. em labham us lo undi.. when you don’t see your parents for last time etc…

fast forward that relative’s kid came to US and he is reached out to this guy to help settle his kid in US.

Antha perspectives. Relatives Judge others easily. Its in our blood. They don't realize or learn until it happens to them or they face the same situation. 

8 minutes ago, tables said:

Agreed.

after your kids are settled if you don’t have a steady income of 5K life it is impossible to live in US.

given how tech employment is evolving I don’t think we can compete in the job market in 50s and 60s. 

buy a house (even a 2 bhk apt is fine) and make sure you have enough to generate a 1 lakh passive income.

People need more than 5K even in retirement. Retirement is a myth in US, not realistic. 

Lets say even if the house is paid off, Property Taxes+ yearly Taxes (from 401k withdrawal's) + Medical expenses, Auto Insurance, Property Insurance + Utilities + Groceries + etc. will cost a lot more than than esp with Inflation going up the way it is.

12 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

I am single Income (by choice) and we do have decent savings. Some things you can do  like ...

Short term options (Realistic)

• Analyze your Income/Expenses and see where you can cut down your expenses
  • Reduce outside food, happy hour, etc. and start eating at home more.
  • Consolidate Netflix/Amazon Prime/Disney Hotstar, Cable, etc. Get rid of subscriptions you don't use or use less
  • If you don't use car much (remote work), Reduce your auto insurance bill by increasing deductibles.
  • Forced savings - Direct Deposit some amount every month into a separate account which you wont touch and try to manage with money from other account
  • Look for jobs with your skill set and see if you can find an opportunity with better salary
  • Look for moving to a city with cheaper expenses if possible.

Long term options

• Upskill and look for better opportunities and career growth
  • Find ways to generate more income. May be partner with others and Invest in a business.
  • Invest in stocks (only quality ones - Blue Caps)

This is good advice. It is not how much you make, but how much you keep!