The Godfather Family album -Recollect

Julai

shooting_1202573i.jpg

James Caan was wired up to a huge number of explosive blood packs, or squibs, for the scene where his character, Sonny, is gunned down...

shooting-wires_1202572i.jpg

...The 147 squibs were a Hollywood record at the time, and Caan only endured the pain out of face-saving bravado

brando-make-up_1202598i.jpg

Brando was only 47 when he was cast as Vito Corleone, and had to have considerable ageing makeup, including a specially made dental plate to produce Don Vito's trademark puffy cheeks. (He'd stuffed his mouth with orange peel for the audition)

brando-coppola_1202596i.jpg

Marlon Brando (left) and Francis Ford Coppola (right) during makeup session for the film The Godfather I. During makeup sessions, Coppola would talk through the script with Brando

bonnet-slide_1202586i.jpg

Francis Ford Coppola choreographs Marlon Brando's slide down the front of his car after his character's assassination in the film The Godfather I

coppola-group_1202594i.jpg

Francis Ford Coppola flanked by James Caan, Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, and John Cazale

pacino-ball1_1202589i.jpg

Al Pacino playing handball in a break between filming scenes for The Godfather I

brando-drum_1202600i.jpg

Gifts were handed out at the end of production for The Godfather I. Brando was given some drums having hammered the skins since he was a boy. He has said on several occasions that if he hadn't been an actor he would have been a drummer

de-niro_1202592i.jpg

Vito Corleone (Robert de Niro) assassinates Fanucci. (The Godfather II)

restaurnat_1202575i.jpg

Don Emilio Barzini (Richard Conte) oversees the cessation of hostilities between Don Philip Tattaglia (Victor Rendina) and Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando)

brando-cat_1202593i.jpg

This image of Brando's Mafia boss Don Vito holding a cat is one of the most famous in the history of films