30000: My obsession with Indian armed forces

Deletedid1

I was 4 when the first time realized that there is some thing called air force and that my dad was part it.

I remember asking my dad some time why he has to be away from home for such long time. He replied calmly “Because fathers like me are away from their sons,  this country is sleeping peacefully to night” I did not understand what he meant at that time

I used here some stories from my dad now and then but never cared much

It was my dad who suggests me to sit for Korukonda sainik school Exam when I was 11. All I know at that time was it was good school inside a big fort. Never new that school prepares u to be soldier one day. Being a bright student in my childhood I was able to clear the exams but failed in the interview

Few years passed by and my dad once again enquired if I was interested in RIMC (
Rashtriya Indian Military College). I know that I would have good career bit still was not certain how life would be going forward.  I cleared the exams and the interview but failed in the med exam on 2 counts

I then diverted my concentration to my studies and other engineering entrance exams… ……….

It was in my 12th standard when the kargil war took place and I started getting inspired about the army.  Even though I did not understand the reality I was furious that an outsider had the guts to mess with my country. I conveyed the same message to my dad

One day in 1999 my dad took me to canteen (army grocery and merchandise store) in Bolaram Cantonment. I was astonished to see that people over there were happy as every day……….. they were enjoying the news that Indian army was inching towards victory ……….even though with a great human sacrifice………….. I still remember my father’s friends words, ” My son is in Drass………. and he is killing those paki bastards”

For the first time I have realized the sentiment of patriotism ………….It is then that I have decided my goal for the next of the life…………” If I have to die , I will die in the battle field defending the integrity of my country”

But God choose a different path for me………. I failed in my NDA medical exam……..as a normal citizen I’ve joined an engineering course and decided that I would try for SSC after I graduate from Engineering………

Even in my final year when I attempted to clear SSC  ( short service commission)  I was again rejected on the medical grounds……..I still remember that day……….i felt as a complete failure……….. I think even my dad felt the same way (even thought he did not express his emotions)………

Mean while ……………….. with family business going down …. I had to take over the responsibility of family burdens before pursuing my passions…………..

……………..But I promised my dad  that I would one day  make sure that he is proud of  me

Now, after disappointing my father for so many times………… I have 2 options ahead.

1) SME in defence policy making
2) entrepreneur in Defence sector

I am leaving this for the time to choose ……………………

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deletedid1

• Sahiti

• PMREDDY19

• dkchinnari

*=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast Avutharu babu garu tappakunda avutaru  you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock

for all the posts that you have posted in this DB we are proud of you benz ...

one day, you will definitely make our dad proud
you rock you rock you rock you rock congratulations congratulations congratulations

congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :36_35_11: :36_35_11: :36_35_11: &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< (?<" (?<" (?<" *"!> *"!> *"!> >:)_ >:)_ !~>( !~>( ~!<^ ~!<^ )!<? )!<? )!<? *$_ *$_ *$_ *$_ git@3w git@3w git@3w git@3w #)% #)% #)% #)%

[img]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/pillabachapk1/run-o.gif[/img] Enti 30000 a....... congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations ~"! ~"! ~"! ~"! ~"!

Nuvvu tappakunda nee goal reach avutavu baa... avutavuu  congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends sHa_fr1ends

[quote author=Discussion link=topic=160195.msg1914997#msg1914997 date=1298698335]
matter inka sadavaledu kani  you rock you rock  congratulations congratulations congratulations
[/quote][quote author=Nikkar Narayana link=topic=160195.msg1915006#msg1915006 date=1298698422]
*=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: *=: blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast Avutharu babu garu tappakunda avutaru  you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock you rock
[/quote][quote author=PILLABACHAPK link=topic=160195.msg1915017#msg1915017 date=1298698584]
congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ !#~ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ ~*^ blast blast blast blast blast blast blast blast :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :dancingNerd: :36_35_11: :36_35_11: :36_35_11: &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. &F&. ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< ))(< (?<" (?<" (?<" *"!> *"!> *"!> >:)_ >:)_ !~>( !~>( ~!<^ ~!<^ )!<? )!<? )!<? *$_ *$_ *$_ *$_ git@3w git@3w git@3w git@3w #)% #)% #)% #)%
[/quote][quote author=ChittiNaidu link=topic=160195.msg1914988#msg1914988 date=1298698240]
congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations congratulations

blast blast blast blast blast blast
[/quote] thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou