Your Opinions On This

picha_puvvu

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329849353' post='1301436791']

where did that respect/fear come from ?

If there is a source for these, why not love/lust ?
[/quote]

the respect or fear comes from the feeling that they are superior to us.. Rakshas consider themselves equal or greater than gods.. so they look at them with lust or any other feeling like that.. but we, Manavas, always consider ourselves inferior to them.. so we bow to them.. the feeling of inferiority is inititated way back from the time of inscription of Vedas..

and a person is considered as a God by his deeds.. Manava by his deeds and thoughts.. Rakshasa by his actions, beliefs and words.. If we believe that we are equal or above God and look at them in a way u are talking, then such an individual is considered as a Rakshasa and he is destined to get punished and perish.. Those who fear and respect god are considered as Manavas and they will always be helped by god during tough times..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kidmakers

• picha_puvvu

• TheGuruBhai

• Darling999

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329849353' post='1301436791']

[b]where did that respect/fear come from ?[/b]

If there is a source for these, why not love/lust ?
[/quote]

Its just comes from self-belief.....

okaru incorporate sette vachedi kaadu...u follow the guidelines form ur ancestors..and that culture...if u dont u can follow ur own rules....

[quote name='kidmakers' timestamp='1329849523' post='1301436803']
the respect or fear comes from the feeling that they are superior to us.. Rakshas consider themselves equal or greater than gods.. so they look at them with lust or any other feeling like that.. but we, Manavas, always consider ourselves inferior to them.. so we bow to them.. the feeling of inferiority is inititated way back from the time of inscription of Vedas..

and a person is considered as a God by his [color=#ff0000]deeds[/color].. Manava by his [color=#ff0000]deeds and thoughts[/color].. Rakshasa by his [color=#ff0000]actions, beliefs and words[/color].. If we believe that we are equal or above God and look at them in a way u are talking, then such an individual is considered as a Rakshasa and he is destined to get punished and perish.. Those who fear and respect god are considered as Manavas and they will always be helped by god during tough times..
[/quote]

i think everything in red applies to everyone.

doesn't gods have thoughts and beliefs ?
doesn't humans have beliefs ?

[quote name='ChittiNaidu' timestamp='1329849533' post='1301436804']

Its just comes from self-belief.....

okaru incorporate sette vachedi kaadu...u follow the guidelines form ur ancestors..and that culture...if u dont u can follow ur own rules....
[/quote]

exactly.

that same self-belief can inculcate many such feelings. that is the whole point.

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329849719' post='1301436819']

i think everything in red applies to everyone.

doesn't gods have thoughts and beliefs ?
doesn't humans have beliefs ?
[/quote]

Gods command their thoughts and beliefs.. that differentiates them from US. If a person can command his thoughts, he is deemed as a god. That is what Sages are trying to attain from ages.. but even they cannot do it sometimes.. look at Doorvasa maha muni.. he is no way lesser to any god.. but when he is angry, he cannot control his thoughts .. he vents out his anger in one or other way.. that differentiates him from God.

[quote name='kidmakers' timestamp='1329849852' post='1301436827']
Gods command their thoughts and beliefs.. that differentiates them from US. If a person can command his thoughts, he is deemed as a god. That is what Sages are trying to attain from ages.. but even they cannot do it sometimes.. look at Doorvasa maha muni.. he is no way lesser to any god.. but when he is angry, he cannot control his thoughts .. he vents out his anger in one or other way.. that differentiates him from God.
[/quote]

When a god is fighting with a demon, was he smiling ?

if there was no anger, how did the fight occur in the first place ?

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329849962' post='1301436831']

When a god is fighting with a demon, was he smiling ?

if there was no anger, how did the fight occur in the first place ?
[/quote]

he has anger.. but he has the ability to control his anger and vent it out at the right time, right place.. can u or me do that.. ?? we cannot.. we cannot do it all the time.. that is what differentiates us from them. when you see a beautiful girl, can u control.. ?? we cannot.. but there are many instances in puranas, where gods did control their thoughts .

[quote name='kidmakers' timestamp='1329850087' post='1301436838']
he has anger.. but he has the ability to control his anger and vent it out at the right time, right place.. can u or me do that.. ?? we cannot.. we cannot do it all the time.. that is what differentiates us from them. when you see a beautiful girl, can u control.. ?? we cannot.. but there are many instances in puranas, where gods did control their thoughts .
[/quote]

forget respect/love. In that case they are so boring. for the same reason I get bored at temples when my friends drag me there with them.

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329850433' post='1301436855']

forget respect/love. In that case they are so boring. for the same reason I get bored at temples when my friends drag me there with them.
[/quote]

Respect, thinking and love is what differentiates US from animals. If we forget them, then we dont have to consider ourselves as human.

[quote name='kidmakers' timestamp='1329850488' post='1301436860']
Respect, thinking and love is what differentiates US from animals. If we forget them, then we dont have to consider ourselves as human.
[/quote]

you got me wrong i guess. when i said forget love/respect, i meant the feeling towards god.

forget the feeling, i get bored. this is what i meant.

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329850708' post='1301436875']

you got me wrong i guess. when i said forget love/respect, i meant the feeling towards god.

forget the feeling, i get bored. this is what i meant.
[/quote]

i didn't get u.. whats ur point exactly ?

[quote name='kidmakers' timestamp='1329850787' post='1301436882']
do u mean to say that u dont think its necessary to respect or love god right ?
[/quote]

I said I don't

[quote name='picha_puvvu' timestamp='1329850929' post='1301436895']

I said I don't
[/quote]

yah.. its up to u.. its ur belief.. no body has a problem with that..