Ground Reality..

summer27

Opika unte sadavandi ..article baagundi ..written by VVS..

[b] 'The kids today don't have that luxury' - Laxman[/b]

[color=#333333][font=Tahoma][size=2]VVS Laxman[/size][/font][/color]
[right]Text size: [color=#AAAAAA][size=2]A[/size][/color] [color=#CCCCCC]|[/color] [size=3]A[/size][/right]

[color=#333333][font=Tahoma][size=3] [img]http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/140100/140182.2.jpg[/img]
We had open spaces in which we could play in our neighbourhood. [color=#666666][size=2]© Getty Images [/size][/color] Enlarge

We are lucky in Hyderabad that we have a lot of coaching camps and academies where the kids can go and not only work on their skill but also got an opportunity to do some physical activity. My initiation, though, happened in the neighbourhood, and I am grateful for the open spaces - public parks, gardens, or any open space - when I was growing up. The kids today don't have that luxury. There is so much construction activity around that it is difficult to get open spaces.
In fact that's the biggest scene I have seen in playing spaces not only in Hyderabad, but all over the country. That's one thing that is clearly missing in the country. We had open spaces in which we could play in our neighbourhood. Now you have to travel far to play, and you have to go in a more formal way, for coaching and playing rather than just playing with your friends in your neighbourhood.
Apart from the neighbourhood, as a boy I played a lot in the school, I studied at Little Flower High School, Hyderabad. Then when it became serious I joined the coaching camp, St John's Cricket Foundation. That was the first time I started travelling in a bus to play cricket. And of course the Gymkhana Ground is a favourite playing space. I am still fond of the Gymkhana Ground even though we play a lot of matches at the new stadium in Uppal.

While I was growing up, I was very fortunate to have some very good seniors who I would look up to. Not only players like Mohammad Azharuddin and Venkatapathy Raju who were playing for the country but also players who were representing Hyderabad. I was very lucky to have such seniors. I learned a lot watching them play and go about approaching their matches.
I feel that the quality of cricket while I was growing up was very high in Hyderabad. When I played the league, the teams were comparable to some of the other State teams now. I feel sad, like all those who follow Hyderabad cricket, about the decline of local cricket. The talent is there, and I am sure if everyone involved can put in the effort then we can regain the past glory.[/size][/font][/color]

yes nenu kooda chala sarlu idhe anukunna....inti dhaggara pillaki aadukovadaniki parks, grounds levu....anni ipudu musalollaki walking parks chesaru....jaffa gallu

[quote name='Chittimallu' timestamp='1334155699' post='1301623638']
yes nenu kooda chala sarlu idhe anukunna....inti dhaggara pillaki aadukovadaniki parks, grounds levu....[b]anni ipudu musalollaki walking parks chesaru[/b]....jaffa gallu
[/quote]

asalu avi ayinaa unnayantava..parkulu emee levu sittimalluu..anni poyinayi..[img]http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh517/twinklebt/Brahmis/entobemmi.gif[/img]

[quote name='summer27' timestamp='1334155954' post='1301623659']

asalu avi ayinaa unnayantava..parkulu emee levu sittimalluu..anni poyinayi..[img]http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh517/twinklebt/Brahmis/entobemmi.gif[/img]
[/quote]

maa inti venaka undedhi mama....memu 7th class to inter 2nd year akkade aadam cricket....ipudu dhaani musalollaki walking park chesaru.....ala inkoka 2-3 thelusu naku maa area lo

[quote name='Sastrygaru' timestamp='1334156065' post='1301623667']
$s@d $s@d .. i was close to NTR grounds.. kaani ippudu aadanisthaleeremoo.. not sure tho..
[/quote]

adistaru mama..maa batch adutuntaam..

[quote name='summer27' timestamp='1334156213' post='1301623678']

adistaru mama..maa batch adutuntaam..
[/quote]

Good booys.. S#d^