*** Nba - 2016 Thread **

dalapathi

Aldridge’s meeting with Lakers goes ‘really well’ 

The NBA’s free agency period opened last night with the usual — a lot of talk, a handful of moves and a stage set for an even bigger Day 2 of the chatter. LaMarcus Aldridge of the Trail Blazers is the No. 1 target, of course, and met with the Los Angeles Lakers last night and, according to ESPN.com, the report went as well as it could for both sides:

The Los Angeles Lakers were the first to sit down with LaMarcus Aldridge when free agency opened Tuesday night, and their meeting lasted nearly two hours, sources told ESPN.com.

The meeting went “really well,” a source who was in the room for the Lakers’ presentation told ESPN.com’s Ramona Shelburne.

“LaMarcus seemed completely focused,” a source told Shelburne.

The Lakers’ contingent included Kobe Bryant, president Jeanie Buss and general managerMitch Kupchak.

The Houston Rockets met with Aldridge after the Lakers.

Aldridge also will meet with the San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors on Wednesday and with the New York Knicks on Thursday, league sources told ESPN.com.

According to one source, the chance of Aldridge staying with the Portland Trail Blazers is “very unlikely.”
ESPN.com reported in May that the Spurs and Mavericks strongly believe they’ll have a great shot to lure Aldridge back to his home state of Texas. But sources said last week that Aldridge is actually thinking more and more about a free-agent jump to the Lakers.

The Lakers, sources added, firmly believe they will now be in the Aldridge hunt. And there is a rising sentiment, sources said, that the Lakers have edged past the Mavericks on Aldridge’s wish list even though he was a high school star in Dallas.

The Spurs, sources say, continue to be Aldridge’s most likely destination if he goes through with the idea of leaving the Blazers to start anew.

Kevin Love agrees to five-year, $110 million contract to stay with Cavs

Kevin Love is re-signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, he announced Wednesday.

Love has agreed to a five-year, $110 million contract with the team, a source told ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

"I'm going back to Cleveland," Love said in a first-person essay on The Players' Tribune website. "After Game 1 of the NBA Finals, that's when it really struck me. Sitting on the sidelines, I never wanted to play in a game more than that one. I had dreamed of playing in the NBA Finals, and I just wanted to help my guys win. I couldn't have been prouder of them as they poured their blood, sweat and tears onto the court.

"Yeah, of course I've heard the free-agency rumors. But at the end of the day, and after meeting with my teammates [it turns out pools are great meeting places] and with the front office, it was clear Cleveland was the place for me. We're all on the same page and we're all in. We have unfinished business, and now it's time to get back to work."

puckkk myannn :3D_Smiles_38:

Jimmy Butler staying in Chicago

The Chicago Bulls have agreed to a five-year, $90 million maximum contract with free agent guard Jimmy Butler, sources said.

Butler will have a player option for the fifth year of the deal, but the pact assures he will be in Chicago through the 2019-20 season.

After receiving the max offer Monday, Butler postponed meetings with the Los Angeles Lakers, Boston Celtics, Philadelphia 76ers and Dallas Mavericks, sources said.

Butler had one of the biggest breakout seasons in recent memory this past season for the Bulls, becoming an All-Star for the first time, while averaging 20.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists a game. He became one of the best two-way players in the game and guarded the opposition's best perimeter player on a nightly basis.

Bulls executive vice president John Paxson was already on record as saying the team would match any offer sheet Butler would sign this summer, but the hope within the organization was that it could work out a deal beforehand.

Also Wednesday, the Bulls agreed to a deal with veteran Mike Dunleavy.

Free agency started Wednesday, but deals can't officially be signed until July 9.

Danny Green returning to Spurs

Danny Green and the San Antonio Spurs have agreed to terms on a four-year, $45 million deal, according to league sources. 

"The Spurs found a way to offer me something nice," Danny Green said of his new contract with the team

With the Spurs chasing free agent LaMarcus Aldridge, many around the league believed San Antonio would not be able to pay Green his fair market value. Even Green said he was surprised to be back with the Spurs.

"I thought there was a strong possibility that I wouldn't be back," Green said in a telephone interview with ESPN.com. "But the Spurs found a way to offer me something nice."

Green, who just completed his fifth year with the Spurs, averaged career highs of 11.7 points and 4.2 rebounds as the club's starting shooting guard last season.

Green said he feels confident about San Antonio's chances of landing a top-line free agent -- the Spurs are meeting with Aldridge on Wednesday -- and competing for more championships.

"I'm very excited to be back, especially because it looks like we might be getting some other pieces," Green said. "We have a good future ahead of us. Our core is back and, hopefully, we'll be able to add another piece or two."

Green also shared his excitement on Twitter. 
Looks like I'm back for four more years SA!!! #210

Arron Afflalo, Knicks agree on 2-year, $16M deal

Warriors, Green agree to 5-year, $85M deal

Pierce, Clippers agree to 3-year deal

:4_12_13:  :4_12_13:  :4_12_13:

Clips jordan ni pampinchunte.. antha kanna daffar move inkoti undeeedhi kaadhu.. they woulda remained as a playoff team only..