Photography Thread

kakatiya

On 10/25/2022 at 10:00 AM, kakatiya said:

Good camera under 1000 bucks..for 4k video recording and pictures, live streaming etc 

https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/mirrorless-cameras/z-30.html 

@Picha lite dslr cameras are out of market..that era is gone..now it is mirrorless era.. buy the above listed camera

The Z 30 works with every NIKKOR Z lens, from close-up macro lenses to fast primes

2 hours ago, Picha lite said:

Can someone recommend dslr camera for beginners? @galiraju @kasi

kaka get any DSLR camera, like 5 yrs old(version) camera... around 300-500$, when on sale for thanksgiving, with 18-55mm lens or any stock lens 

and add 50mm f/1.8 Standard Lens  and start shooting 

Canon/Nikon/Sony it doesnt matter..............but please spend a grand and let it collect dust 

btw, these camera are heavy, doolathiripothundhi.....can you take it to vacation to shoot your fam/kids with it.....

90% never take my DSLR to vacation, my phone give me better pics n one less thing to carry

hope i made sense 

here are some recommendations from better people 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoAiIJZ6s-Y

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kasi said:

Laughing GIFs | Tenor

What's funny dude..  let him invest on lighter miroreless bodies and the mirror less mounts .. each manufacturer is discontinuing the DSLR bodies and dslr mount lenses development as they release new products.. even though miroreless mount lense are twice expensive as regular DSLR mounts , as production and demand catch up the price will be affordable in near future..

Or else he can use converters to mount the regular  DSLR lense

Even though 5d mark IV or Nikon d850 are still commendable full frame bodies, the used ones are still ain't cheap..

Rather than spending 1600-2500$ on these, he can start with something like I recommended above even though it's not a full frame, it will help him catch up to the basics, being  nimble and 8k for 700$ is a good steal

2 hours ago, kakatiya said:

What's funny dude..  let him invest on lighter miroreless bodies and the mirror less mounts .. each manufacturer is discontinuing the DSLR bodies and dslr mount lenses development as they release new products.. even though miroreless mount lense are twice expensive as regular DSLR mounts , as production and demand catch up the price will be affordable in near future..

Or else he can use converters to mount the regular  DSLR lense

Even though 5d mark IV or Nikon d850 are still commendable full frame bodies, the used ones are still ain't cheap..

Rather than spending 1600-2500$ on these, he can start with something like I recommended above even though it's not a full frame, it will help him catch up to the basics, being  nimble and 8k for 700$ is a good steal

so your thought is if a beginner is looking for something, you want him to spend a ton of money and let it collect dust or use auto mode(which most of the people do)

your 1000$ phone does a great job, and does most of it.....some times even better you can shoot at f1.8 and better pics at low light

just a price comparison of glass,

prime len

50MM Sony - E 50mm F1.8 OSS Portrait Lens - 350$

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens - 150$(you can get this even cheaper)

Good Luck - Bigg boss

1 hour ago, kasi said:

so your thought is if a beginner is looking for something, you want him to spend a ton of money

- my suggestion was a 700$  very new camera which introduces him to miroreless world with interchangeable lense and a 8k recording ..and you won't find a used camera for 500$ like canon 90d or 80d apsc or some thing like 5d mark IV released in 2016. At best you can find a used mark Iii from 2012 release year which @gali Raju use ..for that price range of 350$  he might get a used rebel t3i coupled with 18-55mm kit lense 

and let it collect dust or use auto mode(which most of the people do)

- again I don't know why you are judging what most people do ..this is not a camera that empties your pocket ..it is the cheapest mirrorles with 8k recording and new release... And I don't want to suggest canon M series which you can buy for 650$ price range... 

your 1000$ phone does a great job, and does most of it.....some times even better you can shoot at f1.8 and better pics at low light

- I have no clue what are you trying to emphasize here ? What does aperture priority on smart phone photography has to do here ? Are you trying to suggest that @Picha litewill not take his camera seriously ? That's up to his interests , no one starts as a photographer .. I was in to dslr because, I grew up with  Pentax fully automatic slr  camera in 80s , be it my first birthday to trips to Singapore ...my childhood was colorful, thanks to it's sharp focus ... And it became show piece in my collection.. at same time my brother is not in to photography..we never know , @Picha litemight turns out in to some one like Sean tucker.. we never know .. and also that's the reason I recommended entry level camera not Nikon z7 or canon R5 !!!

I believe you are still under assumption that the camera I suggested is expensive than a apsc canon 90d and or a microthird Fuji film or Lumix g series or  any full frame dslr out there ..

he was asking for a beginner camera and I made my suggestion to start with mirror less body rather than obsolete full frame DSLR s that are no longer being developed by all leading manufacturers..!!

just a price comparison of glass,

prime len

50MM Sony - E 50mm F1.8 OSS Portrait Lens - 350$

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens - 150$(you can get this even cheaper)

Did you even read my reply ? not sure why you are trying to educate me on the price difference of a Sony mirroreless  E mount vs canon EF mount lenses when I clearly mentioned that in the very post you quoted !! I even suggested him to use a converter on mirror less frame to save some money!!

Good Luck - Bigg boss

Not sure if this is a sarcasm 

13 hours ago, kasi said:

out of curiosity, what camera n glass was used here???

This is part of panning effect pictures I posted couple years ago in this same thread..  this is a basic apsc canon rebel camera coupled with a telephoto lense ef 50-300 mm ..I was playing with shutter speed  and iso to create that panning effect in the back..

On 11/14/2022 at 5:33 PM, kasi said:

sharp image......exif???

This is taken on sigma contemporary 150-600 mm lenses .. shutter speed around 1/2500 and iso 100 aperture was around 

F/5.6

5 hours ago, Picha lite said:

@kakatiyabro can you recommend /provide link for mirrorless camera for beginners. 
I will compare DSLR and mirrorless and decide . Thanks. 

You are comparing two different categories that are made in different years . 

Canon 5d mark IV and 6d mark Ii come at price of 2500$ and 1800$ ..these are released in 2016 and 2018 .. that's about it .they stopped developing DSLR bodies ..but they are great full frame cameras. You can also look at canon 90d and Nikon d series ..

Mirroreless cameras like nikonz30 are released this year for a price tag of 700$ ..especially for people like you.. 

DSLR cameras as earlier mentioned are bulky but you get lot of cheaper lense .. for mirroreless body the lense are very expensive ..however you can still buy mirroreless cameras with a DSLR EF or ef-s mount lenses using a converter... 

• Thanks 1