Urgent Visa Help - H1B Transfer - India Trip

Rate this topic

lolliguru

sabhaki forum babuluki namaskaram
I am working with 1 company in Atlanta.Let us call it M. I got an offer from another company J in NY Downtown.
Naa problem:company M tho H1B stamping 2014 May varaku indi.Idi naa FIRST H1B. New ecmployer J premimum processing lo May 14 ki apply chestunnadu. My sister's maarriage 26 may

I did not tell my current employer that am leaving.I wanr files for h1t to go to India between May 22-June 2.SO i
1. Is it safe to travel when new employer files for H1B transfer.
2.If anyone has had this situation how did u handle.

No. its not safe to travel while changing the employers or change of status. if you do, your petition will be considered as abandoned. Please do more reasearch and ask attorney of employer J

Best way to ask your company J attorney is to file petition(if you really need to travel to India) saying that they are bringing in a offshore resource and you will be issued I797B (this means you need to visit consulate for stamping). lately premium processing is taking a week and half to process for change of employers.

Note: I'm not an immigration attorney. for All legal concerns, do contact an experienced immigration attorney.