Cap-Gap Doubt!

Rate this topic

jjawahar

Hello Bhayyas,
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
I have an H1B query regarding H1B transfer in Cap-Gap and my case details are as follows.[/size][/font]
Currently, I am working with Employer A from past 1year and is on Cap-gap which is provided to me to be able to legally work in US till 09/30/2013. I had this provision because I have an approved H1B from A which starts from 10/01/2013. Now I have a full time offer from Employer B and they are willing to transfer my H1B as well. [/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Am I eligible to transfer my H1B to Employer B before October 1st or do I need to wait until then? In case they transfer my H1B, do I need go through consulate process or am I eligible to work for them being in cap-gap?[/size][/font]
FYI: I do not have access to attorney from employerB [/size][/font]
Suggestions would really help me a lot.[/size][/font]

CAP GAP is valid for existing H1... if u apply for h1 transfer now, CAP GAP is taken away
the new employer can file only for [font="Helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]non-cap-subject H1B change of employer petition. [/color][/font]